Flightygirl completes first solo... and is still high!

I wish my landing were as smooth as yours, but then, I fly a Jabbi LSA, a real bitch at times. Nice to here you laugh though, even if some-one is yelling at you. Well done.

Nice video as well, a good teaching aid.

Guest studentbiggles
thought i might post Flighytgirls pe solo circuit compilation ...[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUIEBIiSkBo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUIEBIiSkBo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

feel free to comment or criticise, im sure she can take it!

Congrats Flightygirl on your Solo and what a great vid to keep to look back on.....Have you joined AWPA yet?...The "Girls" would love to see your vid and hear your flying story...PM me if you require contact details for your state chapter.

Keep Flying Safe Girlfriend.

Cheers Alley

Rachel ....well,well have,nt you come a long way in such short time, I am glad your loving it,well done,karen and i will catch up with you two one day.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gifsteven

hi steven!

owning our own plane has certainly fast tracked my learning... only thing stopping me is the weather! you should come have a look and a fly in our savannah. great fun!

Hey Rach,

Congrats on your solo, i can hear the excitement in your voice and its many days later, although i am sure you are very much on a high. Thanks for the video as well, great to watch. I will make sure i setup a video camera also for my solo and circuits.

Keep up the good work..

My next flight is tomorrow, had one this morning and loving it.

Dave

Hey Rach, Congrats on your solo, i can hear the excitement in your voice and its many days later, although i am sure you are very much on a high. Thanks for the video as well, great to watch. I will make sure i setup a video camera also for my solo and circuits.

Keep up the good work..

My next flight is tomorrow, had one this morning and loving it.

Dave

hi Dave... its definitely worth videoing your circuits if you can... so much fin to watch later... especially if youre like me and let a few expletives out when things go wobbly! i would have loved to fly today... but work keeps getting in the way!

have fun... looking foreward to seeing your videos!

Rach

Rachael, owning my own plane? yeh that would be great but now put on hold as i am in the process of purchasing the company i work for, so not a plane owner, but a business owner. If things work out well the plane will follow sooner rather than later.:thumb_up:002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

have been practicing circuits in the not so great weather this weekend. plently of crosswind landings which i am now mostly getting the hang of. i havent been able to get back up by myself yet... but im feeling more confident after todays circuits that i can handle myself ok and should be fine doing solo circuits. wish the weather would improve so i can get stuck in! and so the learning goes on.. and on... and on... but im loving every single second! (i think im driving my fabulous instructor crazy though... no time for him to have a go... its all about me! :-)

more solo circuits today.... finally!

After some bumpy crosswind circuits with my instructor on board, and some severe loss of confidence, i was beginning to think i would never get back up there on my own. but later in the afternoon the wind finally dropped and so we decided to go up for some more circuits to restore my confidence and get back in the groove.

after three circuits i radioed a full stop and when rob asked if i had had enough i told him no... he was getting out... and thats exactly what happened.

off i went... all by myself.. and this time i was not freaking out or sqealing at myself. instead it felt good... like i'd been doing this for ages. and so i did five wonderful circuits (video of the touch and go's is coming) and only had to stop because the sun went down too far and the light faded too much. bugger.

anyway... my confidence restored, i cant wait to get back out there again tomorrow and have some more solo time. such a great feeling!

Rach

Well Done Rach, on the Solo and solo's more!

Great Video to, what sort of camera are you using. I bought one to stick on the front of my helmet, works OK, however think I need a Hi Res version as it doesn't seem to be as clear as your's.

Hope you get some nice weather today! Near Tyabb at z mo and it looks socked in, seems standard for down here this time of year! Have a Great Day!

Well Done Rach, on the Solo and solo's more!Great Video to, what sort of camera are you using. I bought one to stick on the front of my helmet, works OK, however think I need a Hi Res version as it doesn't seem to be as clear as your's.

Hope you get some nice weather today! Near Tyabb at z mo and it looks socked in, seems standard for down here this time of year! Have a Great Day!

its a GoPro something or other.. not sure of the proper technical term but ultralights can tell you as its his. it is definitely a high res camera.

weather is looking perfect for more solo work. yay!011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

hi.gifHi Rachael and Rob,

Bill is up at NorFly out of Monto for the weekend so I am replying to your great flying effort. Just keep flying and practicing and you will be a wizz in no time. Sorry to say I told you so when you were up here - but see it will and does come to you - this flying solo.clap.gif107_score_010.gif.2fa64cd6c3a0f3d769ce8a3c21d3ff90.gif

Wish I could still do it but I will wait for the new training plane to arrive and see how my confidence is and perhaps I can do it again.

rotary.gifthumb_up.gif

Love to you both

Jenni

today i managed to get in an hour and half of solo circuits. this morning the wind was approximately 9 knots straight down the runway. not too bad but a little gusty on final. I was doing fine until i ended up behind some guy in a cessna flying like he was in a jumbo. so my nice safe circuits were turned into short cross country's. not happy. After trying to focus and just deal with the situation i decided i needed to get down and take a break as i found i was just becoming more and more annoyed at the ridiculous circuits of the guy in front.

after completing precautionary search and landings in the training area for an hour later in the day i returned to the airport and took a quick break before going up again to brave some more circuits. this time no one in the circuit doing stupid ciruits... so i was free to relax and enjoy the last hour of the day building my confidence and watching my poor instructor waiting patiently for me on the ground each touch and go.

in total now i have completed 2.3 hours of solo and will hopefully have the rest knocked over tomorrow. then its sit the BAK exam and have the flight test and i have done it! i cannot believe how great this feels!

Rach

hi.gifHi Rachael and Rob,Bill is up at NorFly out of Monto for the weekend so I am replying to your great flying effort. Just keep flying and practicing and you will be a wizz in no time. Sorry to say I told you so when you were up here - but see it will and does come to you - this flying solo.clap.gif107_score_010.gif.2fa64cd6c3a0f3d769ce8a3c21d3ff90.gif

Wish I could still do it but I will wait for the new training plane to arrive and see how my confidence is and perhaps I can do it again.

rotary.gifthumb_up.gif

Love to you both

Jenni

hey Jen! great to hear from you. as you can see from the last post i have completed more circuits... getting closer and closer. its all very exciting and i just love flying the savvy. i think you should definitely give it another go when your new savvy comes along. not too long now.

Rach xxx

so i was free to relax and enjoy the last hour of the day building my confidence and watching my poor instructor waiting patiently for me on the ground each touch and go.Rach

yes, fingernails taste yummy!

Hi jenn, Hope you are well, great to hear your getting back into it! Bill builds a Great aircraft,also good to see all of his savvies in this months magazine!

In the near future we will come back up and say hi!

look whos flying solo!

"Whoooooooo Hooooooooo"

Good on you Rachael:thumb_up:011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Your progress is great to see, and to read about.

Kind Regards

Planey

PS. Your wing tips now say it all, and look very appropriate.

Video proof! Flighty flying Solo!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Looks very good to me Flightygirl, well done.

Won't be long before you get that precious piece of paper to confirm all your hard work (and the instructors, grey hairs) only kidding!

Rgds

Planey