Jab Distributor/rotor button

Vev

Can any one tell me repco/Super Cheap part numbers for Jab 2200 engine Distributor Cap and Rotor Button?

I think the rotor button is off the VP Commodore but not sure about the Distributor Cap ... does anyone know for sure?

Cheers

Jack

Trying to make an assumption on what Jabiru parts are used for in automotive use, so you can possibly get them cheaper, I feel is very dangerous.

Not that all Jabiru parts are much more or at all more expensive any way.

Remember who's bum is in the seat of the plane, and the thought going through your head. "Have I got the right parts in my Aircraft. Is it going to stop" Peace of Mind!

For the sake of a few dollars for parts that are not often changed, to me is a no brainer. I don't have money to throw around, but I do value my passengers and my safety.

Sometimes spending less can cost you more.

My two bobs worth!

Harthy

Thx Harthy,

I would agree with you in the main but there are some consumable parts I feel ok about not buying from the OEM ... to name a few: spark plugs, HT leads, oil and air filters, lubricants, most o-rings, batteries, rotor buttons and distributor caps.

Would I buy a set of conrods or other major engine components from an after market supplier, I think not!

Its not always the money either, it's more about the access to parts when you need them and not having to run my own store of bits or wait a week to get them.

Cheers

Jack

My apologies Jack. I didn't think about you guys so far from Bundaberg. It is usually over night for parts to get to me from Jabiru.

I also certainly don't buy my filters, plugs and oil from Jabiru either. But I do with the rest.

Harthy

I went throught this a few weeks ago

Lots of part are directly from automotive applications. Jabiru are usually happy to give you refering part numbers if you are in a hurry for parts

They are matching pair from early holden or something like that vintage - 70's models I think

Part numbers for 6 cyl are Cap GB74, rotor BH73

4 cyl are very similar numbers, like GB 72 and BH 71 but Im not sure. These numbers are in parts manuals.

availability into the future.

An australian built motorcycle that I had a bit to do with,( Built in the early 20's, not by me, I'm too young for that) fitted FORD model "T" outter wheel bearings in all wheels. There would always be plenty of those wouldn't there. Trouble is they are threaded on the inner diameter, and now are specially made at great cost .

Bakelite electrical parts are very hard to make so you had better hope that those rotors do not go off the market. Volkswagen parts are still made in Brazil and I used to use those distributors on a number of competition motors. nev

• 2 weeks later...

I have identified the actual Bosch parts;

3300 engine

Cap GB74

Rotor GB73

2200 engine

Rotor GH600

Cap GH506

Cheers

Jack