Serious matter

Russ

Ok.......got your attention, we've got these things called rabbits bouncin around the yard etc, i've heard they are good tucker................so give me your "secret" recipies.

Am told they are 100 poocent "clean"...............no poisons.

:big_grin::big_grin:

Guest Baphomet

Take 1 rabbit and place in a pot of boiling water. Add 1 rock, keep on boil until rock is tender. When the rock is tender, discard the rabbit and eat the rock.

Baph

006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif You just never know when you get up in the morning what to expect , and what will put a smile on your dial.

Had you told me I would be downloading a Rabbit with Capers and Olives recepie from an

aviation website care of a Maltese sister in law of a bloke I have never met before

I would have offered you a lift back to Glenside ( local asylum)

PS nice recepie Baph , but no-one can cook a rock like my missus ! had plenty of

them over the years :thumb_up:

Bunny in a Log

First... catch, kill and clean said bunny - I'll call him (or her) "Bugs" for future reference.

Boil Bugs till the meat falls off the bone.

Mix (not mixed-up-my-toesies: just the meat) with a dry bread crumb, a little salt and some thyme.

Hollow out a large marrow (the log, folks) then stuff the marrow with Bugs and breadcrumb.

Bake the marrow until cooked (about 20 minutes to half an hour).

Serve sliced in 1 inch (25.400 mm for the metric-asized youth) chunks.

Rabbit Meat

As you can see from the before mentioned rock recipes, rabbit can be tough.

I usually (apart from bunny in a log) use rabbit meat in a stew.

Just slow cook with veggies until meat falls off the bone, remove bones and make a gravy.

Bec M

(and this from a vegetarian... :) )

'Stakes

Catch 20 rabbit skin into fillits die the meat red over night.

Invite friends around for free meal.

Drink heaps of grog.

Friend won't no the difference.

If they say the meats tough blame the butcher.

Love the rock

Mick 102_wasnt_me.gif.b4992218d6a9d117d3ea68a818d37d57.gif

There are rabbits and there are rabbits.

Have someone cleaning up my and a friends population.

Started at my friends ( hilly country), he was eating ( after cooking ) them - his freezer was full by the time he got to my place. This guy really likes rabbit.

Started at my place ( lush river flat) and after his first meal from here threw the hole freezer load in the garbage and started again with new stock - best meat he has ever tasted so he claims.

So to the rock culture, as with any food - it depends where your cut comes from!

Mind you I think he is either still living out of the freezer of on a diet as there aren't too many left here. :-)

Got a PM..........probably baphs wife......:big_grin:

toss into pot, salt,pepper,garlic,dolup red wine,onions,bacon,sweet chillie,simmer for 3 hrs, tossin potatoes etc, thicken up.........serve on dollup rice.

washed down with jacks..............geeeeez i'm now ravenous, where's me shooter:big_grin::big_grin:

( lifes like a box of chocolates )010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif