My new CTsw has arrived

Admin

Guest sypkens
Thanks JanI dropped in at Heck Field late last year when I went for a holiday with the family up to the fun parks and I snapped these happy photos whilst I was there - also bought one of the club's blue and yellow shirts to help support them in just a little way.

Just saw this post now. There are still quite a few grass roots planes around at our field. We also have quite a few drifter pilots. You should have let us know you were coming.

Hows the CT flying? Have you managed to wipe the grin of your face yet?:big_grin:

Regards,

jan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pelorus32
Hows the CT flying? Have you managed to wipe the grin of your face yet?:big_grin:

Regards,

jan

The simple answer is ...no he hasn't managed to wipe the grin off his face:cool:

Saw Ian's new baby at Shepparton today - very nice.

Paul N was also over there in his CT. Whilst Paul went away in a 172 we asked for his keys so that we could do some formation CT flying. Paul however did NOT see the sport in that and declined our very kind offer, I can't understand why:;)3:

Great to see both Paul and Ian. Shepp's a busy place, for all forum members looking for somewhere to drop in, and there's always a lunch on Saturday.

Regards

Mike

The short trip from Riddells to Shepp and back again went ok. This new CT is no where near as fast as my first one. I know I am 20kg heavier with the Ballistic Chute in the new one but I have a theory why it may be slower and have sent an email off to Flight Design on it.

The CT is now mass produced as it is the highest selling LSA in the world with a lot of them going to the USA. Over there they have a 120knot speed limitation so the CTs for there have only -6 degree cruise flap whilst we here have -12. Naturally my CT has -12 so that is ok. But also for the states the prop is de-tuned to slow them down.

My new CT is extremely smooth - I can put my hand on any part of the cabin and I can't feel any vibration at all unlike my old CT which wasn't any where near as smooth as this new one. So my theory is that the prop was tuned for the USA and it just isn't taking the bite that my old one was which would also account for the smoothness of this new one.

I will wait till I hear back from Flight Design to see if it is a possibility that the prop was de-tuned by mistake

Guest AusDarren

I noticed that the other 2 CT's in the hanger when yours arrived had 3 blade props, yours was conspicuous as being the only 2 blade, was that an ordering option?

Regards,

AusDarren

I noticed that the other 2 CT's in the hanger when yours arrived had 3 blade props, yours was conspicuous as being the only 2 blade, was that an ordering option?Regards,

AusDarren

Hi Darren

The 3 bladed props are an option - the CTsw comes standard with the 2 bladed prop. The 3 blader does make the CT a lot smoother but sacrifices speed - the 2 bladed prop is a bit rougher but faster - as they say 2 for go and 3 for show.

hmmm. just ordered a 3 blade carbon for the Jab. what exactly are you suggesting here? You know what they say about a man with a highly-polished big aluminium spinner up front.