Administrator

Question,

When trying to log on today with my usual username 'Crusty' I kept getting a window telling me I had unfilled fields in my profile. Apart from finding this odd after being a member for some time, I tried to fill in the fields but kept going around in circles back to the same window re unfilled fields or the administrator may have locked me out.

As I could not find a way to ask the question "what is happening" because I am locked out, I have had to rejoin as "Crusty2", so Mr Administrator, what is or has happened?:big_grin:

Yesterday I cleaned up a lot of the User area making it all more streamlined from a management perspective plus redoing the user profile/registration information fields.

The number of these fields were reduced and up until now the Country field that was implemented last year was optional but I have had to make it compulsory so other users especially from other countries can see from your post what country you are from and that your post may contain information specific to that country.

It is a safety thing as I don't want a user to read something say about aircraft settings, fuel types and makeup etc that may be specific to a different country - it was a safety driven change.

Now to your problem. Your problem would only exist for those users that hadn't selected their country in their settings so the system now saw that a compulsory field hadn't been completed and popped up the message. Why it didn't just simply let you enter the information and leave you alone is unknown but could be linked to the 3rd party security application that we also run here that checks email address, phone number, country, IP address, ISP being used etc and adds it all up to give a point score - like the 100 points needed at a bank - this security system lets me watch every single thing the undesirables that have lied in their registration do on the site which helps me to keep all the honest users safer.

I think I will have to manually go through each of the individual 5,000+ user's on the site one by one and see what I can do about stopping this issue from happening to others.

I will give you a ring Crusty and I will sort this out for you taking you back to your old user name - if that is ok with you?

Thanks for letting me know

Hey Ian.What do you do with all that spare time you must have? 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Ever thought of going flying instead???

I would love to but unfortunately I have to do my BFR and I have gained to much weight to do it in a Gazelle as they are 520kg MTOW. This means that I have to do it in another aircraft type but I don't have the money due to now being unemployed 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif