Another new guy

maxamos

Welcome to the family Kirk, good to have you aboard. We trust you find your time here useful, educational and fun as that's the whole idea. We too look forward to your contributions and learning more about you and your flying experiences.

Cheers,

Paul

Thanks for the replys one and all. This site has gotta be the best thing I have found since finding RAA in 2005. I have spent a lot of time reading through various columns and cannot believe what a fantastic forum you have here.

Absolutely impressed exclamation.gif.7a55ce2d2271ca43a14cd3ca0997ad91.gif ;) .

I am very keen to get more involved with flying, finances dependant as much as everyone else. Still trying to get out there and fly whenever I can, read everything that is available, and also flying gliders to get my experience up. Really enjoy flying the gliders, and the cheaper price is a bonus.

Learning all the time and still so much more to learn. That's one of the great things about flying;........always learning and enjoying the experience.

G'day Fellas, .... I've joined u all a little while back, and have been very interested in the forum, I'ts been thought provoking and Informative. Especialy anything on Micro's, Gliders , a pation of mine. To Introduce myself,.... I Live in North Western N.S.W. a small Opal Mining Town, called Lightning Ridge,,, I Fly an Airborne Edge X Trike.... 5 yrs of Gliders, and 10yrs in HGFA , ON Both, Hang Gliders and trikes, and thus far about 6hrs on cessna 150 , including 2 solos. We have a hanger at The Ridge, with 4 Microlights and a auto giro. we, including our Ultralight mates,( 2 thrusters, 1 X-Air and scaled versions red barons tri-plane, and Hurricane. I swapped HGFA for RAaus about 3yrs ago. An hour and half of thermaling and cross country this morning ,( BLISS) ON Trike. Anyway thats about it, guys .till next time. Regards Lance.

Welcome Lance,

I Have flown to the ridge a couple of times out west (From Mudgee).. Often out your way at Walgett and Coonamble aswell, So not too far away.. Its a nice fly from here, although gets a bit hot and rough in the summer months with those nasty thermals...

Looking forward from hearing from you..

Hello there Sam, yep the thermals are great , and powerfull out hear. Next time your in the Ridge, call into the Stardust Cafe , its in the main street, and you will catch one of us ( crazy tube and rag pilots ) there most likely, or they will get you in touch with us. And shout you a cup of coffee, and were in the Hanger closeset to the Wind sock. I used to do Gliding out hear, you can't get any better place in Australia , in my oppinion, for Cross country records and Altitude attemtps combinations. .... Anyway see u maybe ..... Cheers Lance.... ,

There were a few people out flying Rag and Bones when I took a fly out there a few months back, I will be sure to come in and say G'day next time I fly in.. Planning to do a bit of instructing out west in the future, Do you think there would be much of a market out your way for instruction in a Tecnam or Jab?? Which ever they'd prefer.... I would come to them..

I don't see why not, Sam ... Wally Rudin has been doing it on and off, in his Tecnam, in the past. I think the last time was back in October, doing Cross country endorsements, for some of us guys. A friend of ours here is originaly from Mudgee, Wayne Holden, he care takes at the Airport as well as works for the Shire Council. He builds Kits in his spare time, and at the moment is playing with a Red Barron, Replica - Tryplane, aswell a 5/8 scale Hurricane WW11 Fighter. Anyway Sam, keep the Blue stuff above your head !! Bye Lance...

Thanks Lance,

Wally actually did inform me he had done a bit of work out west,I didnt think it was as far as lightning ridge though. I have heard a few stories about Wayne, always doing more than one project at a time.. I will be in touch to try and organise a few people who want a RA-aus license in the near future.. Thanks

An hour and half of thermaling and cross country this morning ,( BLISS) ON Trike. Anyway thats about it, guys .till next time. Regards Lance.

Hi Lance,

Do you mean you go thermalling in the trike?! How do you find that? I understood it was not only hard work, compared to hang gliders, but also dangerous - with inverting a real risk(?) Also, trike airframes dont like too much neg. g...??

Cheers

Chris

G'Day Chris , I've read your posts in the recent few weeks with interest, you have farm near Bathurst,? Well my family have been Graziers and wheat farmers, as well. One reason I learnt to fly trikes, was because it would be handy around the property. Now as far as Thermalling goes, I'm no expert , by any means but, I have had a fair amount of experience with them over the years ( Oh ! how reflecting makes you feel old, somehow. ) I spent about 5 years flying Gliders, before moving on to Hang gliders, approx 10yrs, and thermalling as youd'e expect is a large part of Mastering each, out here , Inland pilots that is. Chris I find, and my co-horts, that flying on real hot days when the air is very thin and less boyant, that a ride on a thermal or two really helps to A: save feul and B: reach that cool air much faster. Just straight and level flight on these Booming days, as we get out here in Summer , you run the risk of inverting when passing thru the edge of one. So we've learnt to relax and use them, not all the time, but I like to practice it occasionally . The best way to avoid neg G's is not to fall out of them, easier said than done !! . And you Are welcome to drop in sometime to. Cheers Lance......