Going solo

Guest gazelle

Guest gazelle

Today was very special. After 6 reasonably successful circuits/touch and go in the Gazelle down at Moruya, I was allowed to go solo. A once in a lifetime experience - to say the least. The Gazelle climbs a lot quicker and feels quite different with one person on board.

Going solo was achieved after nearly 30 hours, nearly giving up once, more circuits than I care to mention, and most of all, the teaching ability of my extremely patient instructor at Moruya.

It has been a wonderful experience over the past six months.

Congratulations Gazelle! WELL DONE! There seems to be a great deal of people going solo these last couple of weeks! Its a great feeling isnt it! I only did mine last Wednesday.. SMILE on your face i can imagine! Well done again.

Keep up the good work.

Dave

Guest davidh10

What a beautiful day for such an auspicious occasion. Congratulations Gazelle.

I dropped past Moruya yesterday and it was pretty quiet except someone doing circuits and simulated engine failures... No it wasn't a Gazelle, it was GA. I also watched a gyro take off. The first I've seen in real life.

What a lovely location for an aerodrome, and such lovely scenery to take in while you are doing all that practice. That is an occasion you will always fondly remember.

Guest davidh10
Yeh David, too bad the council arent that great with airports.... hope you didnt have to refuel @ ymry

Unfortunately my conveyance is a four wheeled one at the moment:crying:, but if the weather picks up and all the ducks line up, maybe I'll get to go back in a few days and see some of those sights from the air.

• 2 weeks later...

congrats

Congratulations!!

I did it last weekend and have a permanent smile on my face.

Yes, the Jab 120 climbed out really well without my instructor,

and he is a big guy but one of the best teachers I have come across.

I went solo at 27 hours and had to fly 3 different planes.

011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif