A month with no posts

Criminal ain't it,:vis:

:laugh:I was going to post last Sunday but I was too busy replacing yet another exhaust spring and pumping them all full of silicon so hopefully they will break less often.

I used black silicon sheesh that stuff is messy.:yuk:

Then I thought I'll milk the cows and go for a half hour after that, but as is often the case around here that job took a little longer so no flying and now it looks like the weather will be good by next wednesday :ne_nau:

Regards Bill

Hi Dexter,

No unfortunately it is a 582 but I guess the principle is the same.

I don't have any experience as to whether it works or not but I think the idea is to reduce the vibration and therefore fatigue of the spring.

I wrapped some tape around the outside of the spring while it is in place then pumped the inside full of silicone.

I will tell you in 12 months if it works or not.

As to the cows paying for flying......... hopefully they will again soon. The season is looking brilliant down here at the moment and the price is looking a little better, if only the dollar would come off a bit...... 93.32 at the moment:crying:

Regards Bill

You dont need to fill the spring, just put a generous dollop along the side of the spring(pushing it in between the rings of the spring) from one end to the other preferrably right to the actual attachment piont, the idea is to take the vibs out of the spring, with the silastic on it it cant shake, and fatigue as quickly, should get twice the life out of the springs if done right.

099_off_topic.gif.20188a5321221476a2fad1197804b380.gif

My excuse is that I've been out flying for the past 2 weeks and just got home last Sunday afternoon. Seriously.

:big_grin:

Alf, you're right that the weather was not the best. There were about 3 or 4 nice flying days of the 13 days we flew on, logging about 40 hours each amongst the 3 trikes on the trip.

We're collaborating on a story for the RAAus mag and I may post the condensed version on here when it's ready if there are no objections from the others.

I could go on about the highlights etc, but that would spoil it.

Cheers,

Glen

099_off_topic.gif.20188a5321221476a2fad1197804b380.gifMy excuse is that I've been out flying for the past 2 weeks and just got home last Sunday afternoon. Seriously.

:big_grin:

Alf, you're right that the weather was not the best. There were about 3 or 4 nice flying days of the 13 days we flew on, logging about 40 hours each amongst the 3 trikes on the trip.

We're collaborating on a story for the RAAus mag and I may post the condensed version on here when it's ready if there are no objections from the others.

I could go on about the highlights etc, but that would spoil it.

Cheers,

Glen

Glen,

I'm not going to object so get to it, less chit chat more tap tap on the puter keys lol.

Look forward to reading of your adventure.

cheers

Alf

Glad to hear you all made it back safe glen, And all enjoyed the experience... Did some check flights on your old Buzzard For Peter this weekend, after some tinkering, he's up up and away again... Did my B.F.R. down at Somersby, with len in July, Nice and Chilly day for me, very overcast dotted with rain. the country is so green everywhere out west at the moment after so much rain this year , a great change I must say...Well I must Get Going, Catch you again some time, Glen ok... Hey Say Hi to Your Dad for me mate... Choks away Lance...