Collapsible fuel containers

markendee

Planning a trip and need to carry fuel containers to ferry fuel from the bowser to the plane.

I remember a post here or an article in the magazine showing a light suitcase trolley and fuel bags for this purpose.

Can anyone inform on where to buy collapsible fuel bladders?

Thanks for any help.

Mark D

Try these not cheap but they are good, i have a 70lt tank plastic foldable, plumbed in to transferr in flight that give me about 7hrs longer than my bladder can stand :)

Nauta - Nauta Flexible Tank Fittings

sits on the seat beside me, and it folds down to nothing after pumping out.

Collapsible jerry can

Have you checked out Clear prop?

I see the Sky Shop advertisement inside the the front cover of RAAus shows a 20 litre one - I think the cost is $100.

Bunnings have a neat little collapsible aluminium trolley for $40. Only a smidgeon heavier than I would like, but so neat and so cheap, its is hard to go past. You can see in the photos from my Lake Eyre trip under the "Trips and spare seats" heading.

Jack. keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gifkeen.gif.7777ed0d05dcd20861d93166f822038e.gif

Try these not cheap but they are good, i have a 70lt tank plastic foldable, plumbed in to transferr in flight that give me about 7hrs longer than my bladder can stand :)Nauta - Nauta Flexible Tank Fittings

sits on the seat beside me, and it folds down to nothing after pumping out.

Hi there

I'm really interested in the product you have described and wonder what your experience has been in-flight. Is the tank sufficiently sealed to avoid problems of fumes in a closed cockpit?

No matter what solid containers I have tried, they all seem to have a propensity to leak vapour and that scares the *&$* out of me.

I'm also nervous of the prospect of havng something behind the front seats that might spring a leak.

I am also considering having a shaped ss tank manufactured to fit the floor in front of the rear seat because I found an endurance of little more than 3 hours including reserves was not all that reassuring on my last trip around the Centre.

My Auster J5D holds 68 litres in the main tank (with guage) and 52 litres (no guage) in the belly tank. I don't mind having to land to do a transfer as long as I have the fuel available.

kaz

Hi thereI'm really interested in the product you have described and wonder what your experience has been in-flight. Is the tank sufficiently sealed to avoid problems of fumes in a closed cockpit?

No matter what solid containers I have tried, they all seem to have a propensity to leak vapour and that scares the *&$* out of me.

I'm also nervous of the prospect of havng something behind the front seats that might spring a leak.

I am also considering having a shaped ss tank manufactured to fit the floor in front of the rear seat because I found an endurance of little more than 3 hours including reserves was not all that reassuring on my last trip around the Centre.

My Auster J5D holds 68 litres in the main tank (with guage) and 52 litres (no guage) in the belly tank. I don't mind having to land to do a transfer as long as I have the fuel available.

kaz

Kaz

I too was abit concerned about the things you mentioned, but to please me it proved to be not the case, because it is collapsable the whole tank is completely sealled, you carry it to the booser, it has two hard handles to carry, then i strap it back in with the seat belt, plug the hoses together, then once the main tank gets to about half start the transfer pump, as it pumps out the tank starts to suck in, and as there is no air getting in, it completely sucks in.

All in all a real good tank for MY needs any way, this way i have 4 hrs main tank and 3+ in the plastic tank, all usable without landing if needed. Wish i had the this machine now, 20 knot wind and yep you guessed it near full head wind, so now i need to try and find fuel in the middle of the desert 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif