Work in paradise !!

Guest Maj Millard

Guest Maj Millard

Air Whitsunday is currently seeking additional maintenance personal for their maintenance hangar. Based at Shute Harbour Airport near Airlie Beach/proserpine in NQ, it is the largest seaplane operator in the Southern hemisphere. We currently operate three Cessna 208 Caravans, and three Dehaviland DHC-2 Beaver aircraft, all fitted with Whipline amphibous floats. Three Caravans, and one Beaver are currently on line with another Beaver under going long-term rebuild, and the other awaiting same.

Air Whitsunday operates daily Barrier reef tours and island transfers, throughout the Whitsunday Islands. The positions offer a mix of old and new technology, with both Radial engine (R985 ) and Pratt and Whitney PT-6 turboprop engine experience offered.

The Licensed position is currently listed on the 'Seek' job website, and there could also be an opportunity for an entry level, or medium experience person, who has some mechanical experience, who may be interested in working at an interesting airport learning the ins-and-outs of amphibous aircraft, day-to-day operations, and general maintenance.

As a bonus you would also get to work with the legendary Maj Millard, which would be a daily learning experience on it's own !!

If you are interested, or know somebody who may be, either reply via the 'seek' job website, or reply directly to this post, thanks.......................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Motz they could be looking for drivers, can you PM details and I'll pass them on the the Chief Driver....assuming you can hande all the horsepower (and girls) that we have up here .........................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Roslyn

006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

If only there were more of me......... 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gifCan only do so much unfortunately, otherwise I'd be sending in me resume'.

Hi Tommo

Could you please explain to me the difference in general flying licence and recreational flying licence

Regards Ros:clap:

Hey Maj.... Not the largest anymore... as of next week we will have three Beavers and two Vans operational.... When are you coming to work for us? might be a bit of a commute in the light wing - good excuss for a new plane!

Oh and I speant this morning waxing my beaver..... sorry I can't help myself.

Adam.

what about an experienced Structures guy with experience on Boeing wide and narrow bodies, airbus narrows, Boeing F18/F15, BAE Hawk 127, S70B2 Seahawks, westland Seakings, and Squirrel rotary wings, 16 yrs total, 7 in advanced composites...:big_grin:, oh, and a Psychologist

what about an experienced Structures guy with experience on Boeing wide and narrow bodies, airbus narrows, Boeing F18/F15, BAE Hawk 127, S70B2 Seahawks, westland Seakings, and Squirrel rotary wings, 16 yrs total, 7 in advanced composites...:big_grin:, oh, and a Psychologist

Beavers?

Guest Maj Millard

Thats correct my good friend Ozzie, not to mention the extra you pay for a decent drink in most places, the additional chances of getting a traffic ticket in the Airlie Beach region (or beaten up on video), and the chances of always running into high-maintenance type girls, who are also known to frequent the area.

The additional $10gs would of course be a bargain to access the ever-fertile mind of one Major Millard, and to take advantage of his vast years of experience of all types !..........................................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Do you have any prev experience Cooda ?.......you could send some details to us at Air Whitsunday PO Box 234 Airlie Beach Q 4802 Attn : Ray waters......we would be happy to have a look. Cheers and thanks for your enquiry