My opinion of a Lift Reserve Indicator in aircraft  

24 members have voted

1. 1. My opinion of a Lift Reserve Indicator in aircraft

• I have used an LRI and I think they are valuable
    • I have used an LRI and I think they are a gimmick
    • I have NOT used an LRI but I think they could be valuable
    • I have NOT used an LRI but I think they are a gimmick
    • My response option is not listed/I have no opinion

If a slip ball was mounted longitudinally it would be useless as an angle of attac indicator. Every acceleration and decelerationwould have it dancing a merry jig. Would be useful as a brake condition indicator while taxiing.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is what someone wrote on http://www.liftreserve.com/

What makes the Lift Reserve Indicator unique is that the LRI integrates angle of attack and airspeed in a single, immediately clear analog readout.

Angle of attack and airspeed are the two fundamental components of lift. The LRI provides a continuous and steady visual display of the condition of an aircraft's lift throughout its slow speed envelope regardless of the many variables which act upon an aircraft.

The LRI also provides a continuous visual reference of an aircraft's margin over stall at any airspeed. This allows a pilot to continuously track his aircraft's performance since the LRI responds instantaneously to pilot control and wind conditions.

Although any of the gauges that have an audio output mean that you can keep your eyes looking where they should be, yet still know what your AoA is. Realistically, I don't ever look at mine, but every so often, while manouvering, I get the occasional chirp, which still has a large buffer before stall.