CHT for Jabiru 6cyl

biggles5128

System logic.

If you go this way get a system that gives a warning and identifies WHICH cylinder is at WHAT temp. The worry with all this is with all this preoccupation with engine parameters who is watching what the plane is doing. This could become a big distraction to the main game. Nev

J.P. Instruments - EDM-700-6c EGT/CHT

The EDM-700-6c Basic is a self contained, 2 1/4" panel mount, self-diagnostic system that monitors all engine temperatures plus 2-TIT's, CDT, Oil temp. and OAT! This system also has an automatic lean find mode, while the voltage is checked for problems three times per second. Consider these Advantages:

• Computer Assisted Diagnostics for trouble shooting entire cockpit system. Problem codes are displayed.

• Simultaneous bar graph & scanning of alphanumeric display.

• Resolution, all temperatures in one degree, with selectable ºC or ºF.

• Supplied with JPI's well known grounded "fast response" probes.

• Variable Scaling for bar graphs.

• Alphanumeric scanning display for EGT, CHT, OAT, OIL, CDT, IAT and 2 TIT''s (for twin turbo engines).

• Normalize mode for accurate trend monitoring in flight.

• Calculates Span highest to lowest.

• Identifies cylinder with greatest span.

• Voltage displayed with high / low limits.

• Oil Temperature in one degree intervals with Hi / Low limits.

• Lean Find Mode automatically finds the first EGT to peak.

• Shock Cooling: cool rate calculated and displayed in degrees per minute.

• Identifies cylinder with greatest Shock Cooling.

• OAT in ºC or ºF with pilot selectable SCAN RATE.

• Only "bar graph" gauge made in USA.

• TSO QUALITY, FAA STC and TSO approved.

• Two Year electronics warranty. $1856.72 USD

Thanks for the replies, I was hoping that someone may impart their experience with a suitable product, I know that there are many on the market. My pursuit is to make my 3300 as reliable as I can considering most issues encountered result from overheating problems. Monitoring CHT and ensuring equal and adequate fuel distribution appears to be a key factor. Thanks again.

Dynon equipment is good too

I have D180 but they sell a smaller EMS

Newer Skyview lets you set up own screens and layouts I believe

IMO this multiple CHT and EGT is an essential tool to watching Jabiru 3300 and keeping tabs on what engines doing

Biggles

I have fitted a MGL 12 channel 3 1/2" Gauge to my SP6 and the results will blow you away. I am in the process of redirecting airflow to even out the CHT's and have changed Jets in the carby to get better EGT's.

For more info go to the Jabiru forum and look at a few of the post on "How to improve the reliability of the 6 cyl Jab

Bought them from Bernard (0419423286) at Asia Pacific Light Flying in the A.C.T.

Gauge was $395

6 x CHT sensors were $290

6 x EGT sensors were $423

Wags

BigglesI have fitted a MGL 12 channel 3 1/2" Gauge to my SP6 and the results will blow you away. I am in the process of redirecting airflow to even out the CHT's and have changed Jets in the carby to get better EGT's.

For more info go to the Jabiru forum and look at a few of the post on "How to improve the reliability of the 6 cyl Jab

Bought them from Bernard (0419423286) at Asia Pacific Light Flying in the A.C.T.

Gauge was $395

6 x CHT sensors were $290

6 x EGT sensors were $423

Wags

Biggle, I too have this system although I am yet to fit it I have researched it and its great bang for buck.

If you have the factory VDO CHT setup, you might consider a 6 position double pole rotary switch ($10) and 3 sets of CHT senders(6 probes $90) from Sonex. (strangely the VW K" series are best for late model Jab engines) You can do a similar setup for EGT senders from Leading Edge Airfoils are $32 each. There is not a lot you can do airbourne with a Bing carb but if you do a reading every hours or so you might pick up an impending problem. The major error in these system stems from the connection of the sender and the wire leading to the instument, it's temperature sensitive. If it's in the engine compartment errors of 40c deg are likely. Hardly worth spending a couple grand on a setup if the sender leads will not reach the instrument in my opinion.