Not the best choice of landing strip

Admin

As my signature says, "Takeoff is optional...but landing is mandatory"...however if at all possible it is best to be in a position to choose where you land...you got to read this:

http://www.recreationalflying.com/forum/aviation-news/119472-two-people-survive-plane-crash-into-sewage-pond-new-zealand-my-fox-boston.html

Guest Andys@coffs

When I was doing my training at RAAF Laverton (Melb, VIC) in the early 80's the same thing happened just south of point cook at the werribee poo farm. I didnt fly then, other than as self loading baggage on the burners, but couldnt understand with all the open space around the west of melbourne why anyone would choose a poo farm as an appropriate place to land????

Andy

I suppose in retrospect it must have been engine failure, otherwise as they say the sh&t really would have hit the fan

Guest Andys@coffs

Actually I'm thinking it was just a ploy to hide their involuntary sphincter release when the noise stopped.

"No No...thats not mine.....It must have attached to me on landing..."

Reminds one of 'The Great Race' with Jack Lemmon continually finding himself buried right up to his neck in it. Or is that Benny Hill from 'Those Magnificiant Men....' digging them out. Bet no one on board had a paddle either.