Light Plane down on The Central Coast NSW

Mc Guyver

I was driving down the F3 about that time yesterday and the weather was crap. heavy rain and low cloud all around that area. had to slow right down most of the way due to the poor vizibility.

Not a good day for flying.

Guest burbles1

011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif... that he was obviously putting his precautionary search and landing techniques into practice, and put down in very difficult conditions. It was an extremely valuable learning experience. (I'm speaking from experience of my first solo nav)

049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif... that planning for weather was seemingly lacking.

Guest basscheffers
What on earth was a student doing out on a navex on a day like that.???. The mind boggles.031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

Remember this is the press, don't jump to conclusions. The "student" pilot may as well have been a CPL student doing a hire and fly to add another two to his already 180 hours...

And.

The weather could have been quite OK around Sydney's west, too initially. Weather can change rapidly in that part of the world, and forecasts are not always accurate.

I recall a planned trip to Aero Club of NSW with a group of Newcastle Aero Club pilots and I left first and was the only one who got to Bankstown, that day. The others would not have been 10 minutes behind leaving Rutherford. Nev

Nice big photos in yesterdays Sydney Telegraph showing the lift and a bunch of locals pushing and pulling it up the beach. dewinged and put on a truck to Bankstown