Hello from Brisbane

Guest paddo2002

Guest paddo2002

HI all,

I am new to the site. Thought I would make my first post here. I fly a flying flea at Watts Bridge near Brisbane.

Cheers

Patrick

Guest paddo2002

Yes, unfortunately the flea doesn't get out as much as I would like, but it did make an appearance at the festival of flight this year.

This is me.

Cheers and thanks for the welcome

Patrick

Patrick_in_Fred_Byrons_HM293FB.jpg.f4d1f61e29d6bd6f58a735b93c51a67f.jpg

Guest paddo2002

It was probably this one. It used to live down there. The stripes were red. There are a couple about, but I think this is the only one flying at the moment.

Cheers

Patrick

Welcome Paddo... You have to be a bloody legend already being the only Flea Flyer here... I don't think there are too many of us that will not find any information on operating a Flea you may care to share fascinating...

Guest paddo2002

A Mackay guy. Hi Winsor68. I grew up there. Never did any ultralighting in Mackay, but flew r/c and my dad did a lot of ga flying. The flea is a great little plane to fly, but I will stress is probably not for everyone. It is just like flying a 3 channel r/c plane. I will post lots more info if anybody wants it. I guess I had better find the right place for it. In summary though, it is a little uninteresting really. It flies pretty easily and takeoffs and landings happen without too much worry. In flight you can do what you like with your feet, they are not needed. To turn you just move the stick any way you want to go. I did a bit of drifter flying and jumped into the flea. I managed to get used to it pretty quickly.

Anyway I will post more.

Cheers

Patrick