hangar etiquette

frankmcm

I think all this talk of flat tyres has put a "moz" on me... Had to have a slow leak repaired on my car yesterday and while not urgent, I've got to change the front tyre and rotate (swap inside edge for outside edge) the left rear tyre on my aircraft in the near future, due to wear.QUOTE]SSSSSSSHHHHHHHush.....Don`t mention engine failure.006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Frank.

Tyre troubles?

Off thread but in keeping with Farri's last post, yesterday I commenced rotating the mainwheel tyres on the rims of the Lightwing due to uneven wear. Simple job? yeah - done it a hundred times on cars, trucks, trailers, etc however, after using up a bucketfull of sweat, 6 hundredweight of cusswords and 14 bandaids, I finally took them to a tyre repair place and paid $20 to have a simple swap-out performed. Gotta confess that those small dia wheels/tyres proved too finicky for this gorilla. When I get over the trauma of having been beaten I'm gonna have to find out how it's done cause for twenty bucks, I didn't even get to watch (peep shows in Thailand cost less than that but I guess they don't keep you flying). cheers Riley

Off thread but in keeping with Farri's last post, yesterday I commenced rotating the mainwheel tyres on the rims of the Lightwing due to uneven wear. Simple job? yeah - done it a hundred times on cars, trucks, trailers, etc however, after using up a bucketfull of sweat, 6 hundredweight of cusswords and 14 bandaids, I finally took them to a tyre repair place and paid $20 to have a simple swap-out performed. Gotta confess that those small dia wheels/tyres proved too finicky for this gorilla. When I get over the trauma of having been beaten I'm gonna have to find out how it's done cause for twenty bucks, I didn't even get to watch (peep shows in Thailand cost less than that but I guess they don't keep you flying). cheers Riley

Same here but with Motor Bike tyres.I always carry a tube repair kit, 4 tyre levers hand pump and Co2 variety.Front tyre no worries, but the back Michelin Desert Tyre is a real struggle.Almost impossible to get off.Must be old age creeping up 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif.If at home i take it a tyre shop.Same price around $20.00.