Folding plane for transport

Old Koreelah

Thanks, horsefeathers. I'd like to think the plane has mobs more innovations than the bloody carrier... it took years!

The reason the fuselage points rearwards is to get the CoG right for transport (towbar load is about 15kg) and to fit the whole lot in a standard shipping container. I did have to build a 1300mm extension to the end of the container to accommodate the wing, but now its secure from weather and vermin, I don't pay hangarage and can wonder up the the back to work on it whenever I like.

Lyle is a clever fellow hey. I've already posted on his Youtube that I'm going to have to check it out in person.

Thanks Dex,

If the damn monsoon ever ends I hope to cross the range and see your slippery Zephyr. Its homecoming was impressive. Looks like you don't need much of that strip after all.

Lyle

Thanks, sleemanj; On a good day, if I don't stuff it up, it takes about 20mins to load/unload. On a bad day up to 40 minutes. I still haven't come up with a standard procedure. Each time I do it slightly differently, in case I learn a better procedure...

That is incredible! Please post more videos.

P.S. And you should add a photo for your Youtube channel... I have added it to my page as one of my featured videos... A photo would make it look a lot nicer.

Another quick observation... You added that video to Youtube 2 days ago and have over 200 views already!!!... this may go viral!!! Just goes to show what an amazing video of an amazing piece of engineering that is...

Wife speaking here!!

This is the wife speaking! I have spent years helping to build the wretched thing, using my best asset. Lyle says the best asset is my weight. One night we were very late for a friend's 21st as we had to struggle with the dammmmmmm thing to put it away. It was times like these, I wanted to put a bomb to it. Signed The Wife.