Tyre suppliers in Australia

G'day folks

I am interested to know if anyone out there could give me the contact of a good tyre supplier for ultralight plane tyres? I am looking for 2 13x5.00-6 6 ply tyres preferably ribbed.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks.

most tyre stores can help you out, i get my deli tire brand tyres from the local bridgestone dealer, 6 ply to fit the Savannah, and the Jabiru owners here get theirs from another local tyre shop. you just have to walk in and ask if they have or can get the size you need.

Guest Maj Millard

Ultralights is correct Friar, A lot of tyre places will also carry a range for ride-on, golf-buggys etc. You don't need to tell them it's for a plane. A lot of the tires we use anyway are for other uses. Just ask them if they carry, or can get your size....................maj..024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif.

Up at Narrogin doing my BFR this morning. Hands free 2500 this morning on the way up. Home smooth at 7500 to avoid the chucky thermals below. Hung back for a PC 12 RFDS to get into Katanning before me but he also backed off and arrived late due to the thermals.

While up at Narrogin I was speaking to Don Briggs, he gave me the name of a mob in the USA that do indistructable retreads called Desser tyres www.desser.com

Also Solid Service in most capitals http://www.solidservice.com.au/ do the Trelleborg in the classic ribbed used in aviation. They are not specificially aviation tyres but are 6 ply and sturdy.

Thanks for those who replied. I too sourced one Trelleborg at the local Katanning Tyrepower for my Skyranger and he charged me $100 including freight and inner tube. Turns out that's pretty good. He's always been a pretty helpful bloke!

Cheers