Frequency for airfields not in ERSA?

I understand there is a standard frequency to use at an airfield that is not in use in ERSA, but I can't find a reference to it anywhere, especially in ERSA!

Is there such a thing?

Thanks for the help.

Ryan

Thanks very much! I'm doing a nav lesson to Orchid Beach (Fraser Coast), which does not seem to have a frequency of it's own, on Sunday and am trying to get all the info up front and not have to ask the instructor any questions this time, especially those ones I know he has answered before! Hopefully do the solo nav soon.

Was out at the pilot store at archerfield today getting a bag to put all my stuff in to carry around to class's and training, and came accross a book produced by the people out there Called the Queensland Contry Airstrip Guide, one for each state, queensland being one of the thickest, Flightace.com on the cover and its purple in color... About $60.00 looks like a good companion to the ERSA (so much so I got my hands on one..) ... Just my thoughts...

Keep in mind, that if it's within, say 15Nm of a registered airfield which is in the ERSA it may be on the same frequency. That was the case when I dropped in at Towrang north of Goulburn last year to have a chinwag with the glider folks.

Guest davidh10
Keep in mind, that if it's within, say 15Nm of a registered airfield which is in the ERSA it may be on the same frequency. That was the case when I dropped in at Towrang north of Goulburn last year to have a chinwag with the glider folks.

Correct.

Airfields within 10nm of each other use the same frequency. To be on different frequencies would prevent you from keeping a listening watch while within the "local area" (10nm) and giving the required inbound / overflying call.