What can i put in my Log Book?

Guest Crezzi
Is there anything that says the flight cannot be supervised by the CFI while on-board?

IIRC the wording in the Ops manual is "Pilot in Command (Solo)".

Cheers

John

...Use a reference to the appropriate CASA documents for the final statement. Nev

http://casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_assets/main/download/orders/cao95/9555.pdf

4 General conditions of exemption

4.1 The exemption given by subsection 3 in relation to an aeroplane is subject to

the following general conditions:

(b) the aeroplane must not be operated by a person as pilot in command

unless the person holds a valid pilot certificate and, subject to the other

conditions set out in this section, operates the aeroplane in accordance

with the privileges and limitations of that certificate;

© subject to paragraph 4.2, if the aeroplane is being used for flying training,

the person conducting the training must hold a valid flight instructor

certificate;

(d) subject to the other conditions set out in this section, the aeroplane must

be operated in accordance with the requirements of the RAA Operations

Manual;

Nev,

Remember when we hashed this out with regard to nav training a couple of years ago?

PIC for a RAAus student is solo i.e. no passenger.

Cheers!

Yes indeed. I'd buried the nose into the act, regs and ops manual to find definitions of PIC and solo etc. to see if I could take a passenger for one of the navs seeing as I already had the pax endo. The definition of PIC as an RAAus student prevented it.

That's why I think that Dave's comment that you can log PIC with the instructor onboard doesn't sound right.

Cheers!

P.S. Dave, the first post was a 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif sorry not a poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif sorry. (the poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif ones are reserved for taswegians...)

Every Wayne Kerr's dream log book entry. In the in command multi engine section.VH "whiterat" A-380 20 minutes in command IFR. single pilot. Footnote:.. took command after crew food poisoning episode and flight attendant appealed for assistance up front. C'mon don't tell me you have never thought of the possibility, Just a little bit.... ( don't think I want to sign this rubbish). Nev

Guest davidh10
Yes indeed. I'd buried the nose into the act, regs and ops manual to find definitions of PIC and solo etc. to see if I could take a passenger for one of the navs seeing as I already had the pax endo. The definition of PIC as an RAAus student prevented it.That's why I think that Dave's comment that you can log PIC with the instructor onboard doesn't sound right.

Cheers!

P.S. Dave, the first post was a 025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif sorry not a poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif sorry. (the poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif ones are reserved for taswegians...)

Thanks guys. Interesting discussion. My interpretation was different. The Ops Manual does not define PIC as Student (Solo), because otherwise a non student pilot could not log as PIC. Rather, it allows a Student, when Solo to log as PIC. I cannot find a definition of Solo in Australian regsvr32, although in US FAR, Solo is defined as alone in the aircraft.

As to your prior investigation into whether you could take a PAX on a Nav:

My thought. Although you could take a PAX local, not having a X endorsing, the only way to do a Nav would be:-

- With the Instructor, which in RAA means no empty seat.

- Without instructor, but under supervision.

In the latter case there is nothing I'm aware of that would prevent taking a PAX, with the permission of the instructor. The catch is that I doubt you would get permission for human factors reasons. You would be supposed to be concentrating on navigation.

No. It can't be done David. Solo Nav is just that. If you carry a pasenger how would you know whether the passenger was non assisting. In any case the pilot is not qualified fully at this stage for cross country ops , having not been checked out by the CFI, so the liability of having a passenger, under these circumstances would be a problem, The same situation exists when you are flying off the first 25 hours of a newly built aircraft. You cannot even carry an instructor. Nev