Another new boy

Dr John

Hi all, I am very new to flying - just on my second lesson at Adelaide Soaring Club - but I am fulfilling a long-held ambition at the ripe old age of 66! I am still at the overwhelmed by it all stage but I am assured that it will all start to make sense after a few more sessons. Dr John

Hi Dr John, great to see another ' local ' on this site.

I have several friends based at Gawler, my son has a hangar with a Trike, I am based at Truro Flats with a Supa Pup but will soon also be operating out of Gawler with my son-in-law who is about to take posession of his new Morgan Sierra.

It is great to see yet another 'Recycled Teenager' joining the flying fraternity (I am 71 ) Alan.:clap2:

Guest davidh10

Welcome, Dr John. It is normal to be mentally overloaded at first. The instructions tor will help by doing some things, like radio calls for the first few lessons.

When you read up on how the conscious vs subconscious brain works, it is quite understandable.

The same as driving. With experience you do quite a lot subconsciously, unloading the conscious mind to react to unexpected changes and direct the subconscious.

Guest SAJabiruflyer

Hi there Dr John, hope you enjoy the world of flying. I'm relatively new myself, having held an interest in A/C since I was a boy (34 now) but only learning to fly from May of 2010. So far my experiences have been very positive, with everyone I meet willing to impart some knowledge or even just a good story. I fly out of Goolwa, beautiful down here, lovely coastline, and a very friendly place.