Fabric Suppliers

Right, I now have a plane, but it needs a bit of TLC.

I need to re-do the fabric on the bottom and sides on the rear of the fuselage.

Who What and Where are the cheapest suppliers of fabric in Australia, or even QLD.

Right, I now have a plane, but it needs a bit of TLC.I need to re-do the fabric on the bottom and sides on the rear of the fuselage.

Who What and Where are the cheapest suppliers of fabric in Australia, or even QLD.

Are you talking Dacron fabric similar to Drifter and Thruster wing skins Pete, or something else?

Pud

I have just covered my complete plane in poly fibre Stitts ,,,, I found aviaquip the cheapest in oz for all the stuff,,, Pity help you though if you don't know exactly what you need from them however as they tend to be rather unhelpful on the phone. All the paints and glues are classed as dangerous goods so be prepared to get hurt for shipping,,, The stuff is pretty horrible to spray but quite easy to get a good result ,,, I cant help wondering if that new system you see advertised is any good "Stewarts System" supposed to be environmentally friendly and non toxic water based or something I believe ,,, If I was going to cover another plane I would try and find out as much as I could about it then decide. I guess if you use poly fibre and do it correctly it will guaranteed last for years.

Thanks all for the replies so far. I too have given thought tyo the Stewart system and it definately needs further investigation. Surely a water based product would be a safer product to use and washing brushes etc out in water is in my view a much simpler way to go. Next thing is to see if anyone in Australia has the product or do we have to import it ourselves.