What am I doing wrong?

Yenn

I am just flying along im my ultralight, straight and level, well above stall speed and I notice that if I pull the stick back I descend. Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong?

Guest Nelson Smith

Yeh,I should have knocked it of when I only needed glasses too

N. (to preserve my identity)

Well that went down really well. I was of course flying inverted and what I was doing wrong was aerobatics in an Ultralight.

Big Pete was the first correct answer, but hihosland had an interesting answer which I believe would be correct about being at service ceiling, but I did say I was well above stall speed.

Yenn, I don't think that was a fair question, as you posed it.

Firstly, you say you are JUST flying along STRAIGHT & LEVEL (a bit tongue in cheek), in my ULTRALIGHTetc. etc.. Then you move the stick back, & the aircraft descends. then you ask, 'what am I doing wrong?", then brilliant people rack their brains for countless hours......

The only correct answer to this hypothetical, with the revelation of your answer to" What am I doing wrong? "would be along the lines of:-

(a) you are inclined to fly your ultralight upside down without realising it.

(b) you have no idea how the elevator functions in controlling the pitch attitude of the aircraft. N...

Stick movements.

Whoops! Everythings gone all quiet. Sometimes I am trying to be a little humorous. Don't take me that seriously. I would not deliberately insult anyone let me assure you N...