25nm limit?

Guest Jake.f

25nm from takeoff point. Can be any airfield. Landing at other fields without XC is a hazy area and someone more qualified will be able to clarify that for me. Most schools won't allow you to land at other aerodromes without XC though (just FYI)

-Andrew

Guest Jake.f

Ah ok that is good then. I wouldn't be intending on landing at other airfields just was wondering, it would have been irritating if I had the cert. but the 25nm was only from Coffs...

Check out RA-Aus Ops Manual: Section 2.01-1, 4

It mentions 'not greater than 25 nautical miles from the point of departure unless you have a X-Country endorsement.

It also states that Consecutive flights of 25 NM do not comply with this requirement.

No mention that I can see of a 'home aerodrome' or anything. Once you have a certificate, you can go to another airfield, rent a plane and fly it in the local area...

Guest Jake.f

Do they do training or just hire out a/c?

Also I'm assuming no one knows of any RAA schools in Armidale...

Guest davidh10
That is quite good then, I think I'm going to have to try rather hard to get the certificate before uni so I can on the odd occasion jsut go hire an aircraft for a while, I am thinking flying will be the only thing keeping me sane while I spend 7 years doing medicine....

Naaah, You'll fly through it 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Guest Jake.f

Thanks for that, I suppose I shall see where I end up. I think there is a 95% chance I will be living in Newcastle next year so I shall check them out. I found another school who use Jabiru's and operate out of Cessnock as well...

So are the Pioneer P200 a good aircraft to fly?

I fly a P200 Hawk, which is almost the P300 without the retracts. The one I fly has the Constant speed prop and Rotax 100hp - goes like a rocket!

They're a nice aeroplane, but have a fairly decent price tag unfortunately.

• Like 1