Hi!

Hi Folks,

I'm new to the forum; I actually came across it a while ago, but didn't realise it had a strong ( :-) ) Australian user base because of the .net forum domain.

Anyway, I've recently moved to Sydney from London, and was looking for a forum that was active for RAAus members; looks like I've found one. I'm currently flying with a club out of The Oaks airfield, and hoping to find a syndicate somewhere close to Sydney as soon as I get my RAA Endorsement (I'm NPPL(M) certified in the UK, and a BMAA Member).

Cheers!

Damo

Hi Damo

Welcome to the forums and Australia, we are west of Sydney at Temora and the Museum has a flying day here to day. At least the Tiger , Spitfire and Sabre will be flying, not sure what else will be thrown in! Should come for a look! Cheers Guy

• Like 1

Guest davidh10

Welcome to Oz and the forums, Damo. I think you will enjoy the forums, and you should be able to catch up with other forum members who fly out of The Oaks.

Unfortunately, I've just noticed that since the new forum software has been implemented, the "Airfield" field that used to appear with other metadata under the member's name has gone and the data that was in that field has moved to the "About You" field, which is only shown when you look at a Member's Profile. Anyway, do a search on "Oaks" and you will turn up quite a lot of posts that reference the airfield and thus you could identify members who fly there.

Went solo today; perfect, still conditions. Not that it's a big claim to go solo when you're a qualified pilot, but it was my first time in Aus under RAA; hopefully the endorsement will follow not too far behind!

• Like 1

Sounds like you are on your way. All the best, and congratulations.

Welcome Damo, you'd certainly find The Oaks cheaper than my old stoping ground Biggin Hill or Shoreham.

Welcome to Oz, and hopefully i'll catch up with you one day at The Oaks. They're a top bunch of guys out there.

Rgds

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, passed my certification flight with the CFI yesterday - application is in the, um, fax.

Next is Passenger and Nav (already UK certified, so hopefully also quick), and then I need to do some real flying :-)

Guest turnbase

Congrats!!!!! most of us mere mortals took a little longer to accomplish what you have done in a matter of weeks.

Keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...