GA912 Lightwing Aerobatic?

BigAl

New to thread, interested in the lightwing and seen a current GA for sale.

I am keen for aerobatic capability and i had previously discounted the lightwings as nothing was indicated regarding its G rating.

The one for sale i notice has a placque on the dash which is only just visible, but i think it says is approved for aerobatics including spins?

After some digging i see the GA is a 912 previously sold in SA.

Does anyone know if the GA's are areo capable, or indeed the GR's too?

Guest Maj Millard

Big al, Well you would really have to give Howie a call at the factory to check on that. I do know that both the GA and GRs have probabily been aerobated succesfully during factory testing, by a well qualified and capable factory pilot.

However I do not believe they are officially 'aerobatic' approved, or for that matter even approved for intentional spinning.

........................................................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget that under RAAus all aerobatics are prohibited. And a spin, whether intentional or unintentional is an aerobatic manoever.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to do aerobatics, do the training and fly an aircraft which has been specifically designed for the task, and there is more to that than the load it can take before breaking. There are plenty of certified aerobatic aircraft available, why not use those?

• Like 2