Throttle idle speed on a Rotax 912

What controls the idle rev's on a Rotax?

If I wind the throttle all the way back I would expect to get to idle, say 1800 rev's, not have it cut out.

But this weekend the throttle was broken and I was able to wind it till the engine died. Isn't there something else that controls the idle, regardless of the throttle? And the throttle is then idle upwards rev's?

The good news is that it died while I was rounding out to land, so it didn't matter, but it could have happened earlier!

Ryan

Hi Ryan there should be a screw on the throttle body side of the carby to set idle ,if mine cable brakes my engine goes to full throttle it is a safety feature so you can still fly you would have to be quick to shut the engine down if it happened on rounding out.

I would be looking at the idle stops. Better still download the Rotax maintence manual and note requirements required for carby balancing that list relationship of mixture, stops etc (and of course getting the two the same).

Also advised to have positive stops on throttle to prevent "forcing" the carby max and min settings.