Another milestone: Got my PAX Endorsement today!

Yep, it's finally happened! I can now take a passenger.

I've given the first option of first PAX to my Wife, then after that... First come, first served! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

I've been looking forward to sharing this flying caper with people since I began. I look forward even more to flying in the future!

If you wanna read about today's flight, I've written all about it in my blog...

Cheers,

Evan

Keep realising what extra responsibility you now have. Your conduct also gives the movement a good/ bad image. Freedoms come with responsibility. Fly unspectacularly but well. Better than flying spectacularly bad. Resist the temptation to show off. Fly within your limits. Keep learning and improving..Nev

• Like 1

Fly unspectacularly but well.

That's exactly how I approach my flying and driving, but never thought about it like that. Thanks Nev for putting it so eloquently. :thumb_up:

Congrats Evan, make them enjoy it as much as you do!! :chat:

Thanks Kylie! That's what I'm hoping to do!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pookemon

Congratz Evan! A guy at the aero club said there's two flights you will always remember - your first solo and your first passenger. I hope your wife enjoys it as much as you do! (My eldest son has put his hand up for first - with four kids I'm going to be doing alot of joy flights when the time comes) 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Congratz Evan! A guy at the aero club said there's two flights you will always remember - your first solo and your first passenger. I hope your wife enjoys it as much as you do! (My eldest son has put his hand up for first - with four kids I'm going to be doing alot of joy flights when the time comes) 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

I'm quite sure that she did enjoy it! I'm also quite sure your son will love it too. How old is he?

You should bring Mel down to the Marsh for a short trip. Cup of tea/coffee and a biscuit will be available. :)

Hi Linda (and Brian!),

I'd love to come for a visit! Thank you for the very kind invitation!

Unfortunately I'll have to wait until I start my nav training. I think The 'Marsh is just outside my 25NM world at present... :-( The minute I'm able to, you will certainly have a visitor!

Cheers,

Evan

Congrats Evan! I did the same last weekend - hopefully getting my licence in time to take my wife up next weekend!

Which begs the question... any advice from anyone on taking your wife up (or any non-pilot pax) for the first time? I know what was in the test, of course. But anything else? I guess, try to avoid a turbulent day the first time... Fly smooth... Pick something interesting to fly over... Don't argue over directions... :big_grin:

Hey Damoski, thanks! Congratulations to you, too!

Try to avoid a turbulent day the first time... Fly smooth... Pick something interesting to fly over... Don't argue over directions... :big_grin:

I'll remember that!

As for a track logger I use GPS Sport Tracker for my Windows Mobile Phone. It works well enough, but the moment I am able to I'm switching to Android. A lot of great apps there!

There was one day that it went haywire - it thought I was flying in a straight line Nth of Mildura, but I was just doing circuits at home! Other than that, it's been good.