Cap for Rotax 582 oil tank

Hi all,

Just to let you know I have had to replace the cap for the 2 stroke oil tank twice both caps cracked and fell off, the first, my fault for tightening too hard, the second one was brittle and sent back(fitted 12 hours prior).

Anyway went to a well know auto supply store and they had a nice chrome look one that fitted at about 1/4 of the cost of buying an original replacement and they had other colours too.

Bob.

• Like 1

Hi all,Just to let you know I have had to replace the cap for the 2 stroke oil tank twice both caps cracked and fell off, the first, my fault for tightening too hard, the second one was brittle and sent back(fitted 12 hours prior).

Anyway went to a well know auto supply store and they had a nice chrome look one that fitted at about 1/4 of the cost of buying an original replacement and they had other colours too.

Bob.

Hi Bob

I have a mate who could do with one of those caps. Do you have details of the brand and what auto store sells them.

Regards

Mike

Hi Blue,

Dad is on holidays on the Cook Islands for ten days, I am his daughter but there is no phone service or internat there, his favorite auto stores are supercheap and repco.

Melissa.

Hi Blue,Dad is on holidays on the Cook Islands for ten days, I am his daughter but there is no phone service or internat there, his favorite auto stores are supercheap and repco.

Melissa.

Thanks. I tried my local supercheap today but no luck. I'll check at Repco next week.

Regards

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Blue,Dad is on holidays on the Cook Islands for ten days, I am his daughter but there is no phone service or internat there, his favorite auto stores are supercheap and repco.

Melissa.

Hi Icebob

Could you end details of where to buy the cap when you have a chance.

Regards

Mike

Just thought I'd check as I've seen a couple of 582's go bust over a cap that stopped breathing.

Tomo, If you don`t mind! I`m interested to know what occured to the motors and what you mean by "A cap that stoped breathing"!!!

Frank.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Guys,Icebob's daughter here, Dad is staying a few days longer in the Cook Island, Mum said she is sick of fish, ha, ha.

The caps he got come from www.cpcauto.com.au .

Melissa.

Hi Thanks for info. When you have a moment could you advise the store and brand name as I am having trouble locating a cap at supercheap.

Regards

Mike

• 1 year later...
Hi Thanks for info. When you have a moment could you advise the store and brand name as I am having trouble locating a cap at supercheap.Regards

Mike

Hi Bob

Could you advise the brand and what section of the store the cap is in. The one were chasing is for the small oil bottle on 582.

Regards

Mike

Tomo, If you don`t mind! I`m interested to know what occured to the motors and what you mean by "A cap that stoped breathing"!!!Frank.

Just noticed this Frank! Sorry about the delay.

Basically if the cap can't breath the oil stops running out due to a created vacuum, which has obvious effects on the engine.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...