Wide Bay August

redozbris

Tomo started a thread here - http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/wide-bay-australia-international-airshow-2011.27779/

I'm dead keen but have just realised that the QVAG Festival of Flight (at Caboolture this time instead of Watts) is the weekend before - serious dilemma, not sure that I'll manage both timewise - bugger, why aren't these things a bit more spread out - seems to be feast or famine!

Tomo started a thread here - http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/wide-bay-australia-international-airshow-2011.27779/I'm dead keen but have just realised that the QVAG Festival of Flight (at Caboolture this time instead of Watts) is the weekend before - serious dilemma, not sure that I'll manage both timewise - bugger, why aren't these things a bit more spread out - seems to be feast or famine!

Good Evening Spin

The decision is very easy,"Caboolture" is the place to go.

I have had a mind slip, Widebay is Bundaberg or Hervey Bay? If it is Bundaberg I was thoroughly disapointed because of the *organisation *format * nowhere to sit and watch *if you are watching it was standing only *not being able to get close to the aircraft for a good look *even most of the volunteers were rude and not helpful --- yes very disapointing. Hervey Bay is friendly.

Regards

Keith Page

Thanks Keith, must say I'm leaning that way, the Festival of Flight is probably my favourite flyin - I only hope that the format at Caboolture will be similar to Watts Bridge, ie allowing easy access to the aircraft.

Regards Carl

Bundaberg there is no getting close to the planes, even can not get decent photos, I did not mention the parking, parking is a very big walk to the show.

Put it to you this way the organisors need a lesson from the Oshkosh organisors.

Regards,

Keith Page

Hey DD, if you have a spare seat on the way to Caboolture you could have a filler... will have to check my schedule but you never know. I'll be at Bundy even if it's to see Matt fly.

I might just have to go to both :) Now to convince my loving wife to trundle along with me... I even thing I'm booked in for a lesson on the sunday, so if you see bad take offs and landings in 3789 its just me.. :)