First Solo NAVEX Completed!

AWESOME!

Is the perfect description for this mornings NAVEX. I completed my first solo nav after many hours of feeling like I was getting no where and well... I lived to tell the tale, so it went good! The first half of the NAVEX was perfect, weather was calm, fixes were coming like no tomorrow was all going really smooth. I stopped at Wongan Hills for a stretch and toilet break, took some photos and continued onto Northam, overflew Northam and turned onto my new heading, was WAY off track so I corrected but went direct back to Bindoon (diverted) instead of Gingin then Bindoon due to getting close to my SARTIME (flight note) and couldn't text anyone.

-Andrew

Picture: Parked at YWOH (Wongan Hills)

• Like 6

It is a great feeling to do your Navs sseeker. I found it was the first time that you really feel like a "real" pilot, in charge of your own destiny... The feeling is AWESOME!!! as you say.

I did mine in the Sav pictured on the left... As nice as it is to fly I did find myself thinking how nice it would be to go a little faster.

Thanks everyone.

Bit of a mistake on my behalf as to why I was off track. Incorrectly wrote my heading down during flight planning. Instructor checked my plan for wind against heading and that was fine. So when I was leaving Northam, about 5nm out of the airfield I noticed things weren't right. A LOT! More scrub than there was supposed to be. I then looked at my heading again, used some common sense and knew it wasn't correct. Flew back to Northam, drew a line direct back to Bindoon and took a new heading. Lesson learned, and trust me it won't happen again!

-Andrew

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey, that's two good things in one day! Number one was spotting the mistake and fixing it in a really clear-headed manner, and number two was requiring a toilet break, thereby making us old blokes think that if it happens to young blokes too, then maybe we're not that old after all... hurry_up.gif.177b070ad0fed9378055f023fbf484f7.gif