Emergency landing on golf course at Leeming, WA

Exadios

That was well done, lucky there was not too many golfers around at the time.

I reckon your right mate.It would put a real dampner on things if you pull off a great emergency landing like the gent in the article.And then have your aircraft pelted by golf balls.

Wonder what the alarm in the cockpit was? Past historyof meat bombers having the wrong fuel-air ratio in their tanks and the words "last load of the day" do tend to create certain suspicions though.

Whatever the underlying reason behind the event, he certainly seems to have achieved a good result, no-one hurt and no apparent damage.

• Like 2

Wonder what the alarm in the cockpit was? Past historyof meat bombers having the wrong fuel-air ratio in their tanks and the words "last load of the day" do tend to create certain suspicions though.Whatever the underlying reason behind the event, he certainly seems to have achieved a good result, no-one hurt and no apparent damage.

Yeh it sounds like to much air in the carby.But just pure speculation at this point in time.Good job has Spin has pointed out.

Finally someone found a good use for a golf course.022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

Good stuff mate.This has got me thinking ,well scheming, we have a few Golf courses going broke or have gone broke on the Gold Coast .ALot of peeps and companies are going broke as well.Anyway thats another story.

How about turning a golf course into a Airpark or Airfield.They are ready to go with a least 9 or 18 runways( just have to watch the water hazards and bunkers.Hmmm

For sure Dazza,

Give them a real use in life and make airparks etc. But I do like the idea of the occasional aircraft landing on the fairway during play. Would be a dual use infrastructure. And a absolute laugh watching the golfers scatter.

This C182 is hotrodded with the supercharged 540 with extended wings, beefed up floor to carry the extra weight heavy duty nose gear and beefed up firwall.

For sure Dazza,And a absolute laugh watching the golfers scatter.

That's if they hear you coming in an engine out glide.

Some years ago there was a pilot with an engine out all set up for a golf fairway, but golfers strolling down the middle didn't hear him and get out of the way, so he tried to ditch on a highway and had a fatal headon with a 4WD..... Be good to have a horn to warn them, eh.......

There is a Golf course 2 km from home .Its in dire straights.The council where looking at buying it as apart of there green space funds, and leave it as open green space/parks. They didnt by it though,

Anyway it would have made a great airfield. I played there once, straight long fairways,OCTA, central Gold Coast etc.But its just a pipe dream LOL.It would never happen.

There is a Golf course 2 km from home .Its in dire straights.The council where looking at buying it as apart of there green space funds, and leave it as open green space/parks. They didnt by it though,Anyway it would have made a great airfield. I played there once, straight long fairways,OCTA, central Gold Coast etc.But its just a pipe dream LOL.It would never happen.

Colonial? Clive Palmer bought this and one other for a song. Could be a clever move, money talks and I'm willing to bet all that land doesn't remain golf course for ever.

I not sure, its the one of the Robina Parkway near my house played there 15 years ago.I though it was called Paradise Springs, but Kymbo said it was renamed.The other golf just up the road , across the road near the Boowagon Road refuse stations is also in real trouble. Way too many Golf Courses on the Gold Coast. Gold Coast I mean Golf Coast.

Stop Press, Just Googled it.Your right Carl, Paradise springs is known as the Colonial Golf Course.

Your right Carl, Paradise springs is known as the Colonial Golf Course.

It happens mate occasionally Mate, although not often if my wife is to be believed:cheezy grin:

Yeah I heard things weren't too hot at Lakelands either, probably why there was all that action with a swap deal for membership with Surfers Paradise when that was going to be developed. Pity really, I'm not a golfer but they do at least tie up quite a bit of open space and stop the white shoe brigade putting up more little boxes all over the shop.

That's if they hear you coming in an engine out glide.Some years ago there was a pilot with an engine out all set up for a golf fairway, but golfers strolling down the middle didn't hear him and get out of the way, so he tried to ditch on a highway and had a fatal headon with a 4WD..... Be good to have a horn to warn them, eh.......

I was thinking the siren horns they had on Stukas, would do the trick. Watch them scatter and laugh silly as you do another go round. Would be good for their health as well. Naturally we would have to ban golf carts.

Sounds like a win win to me.

Phil

Be good to have a horn to warn them, eh.......

In the old mustering Cessna's there's a siren usually. Now that would give you a fright wouldn't it, concentrating on hitting that ball straight when.... 037_yikes.gif.f44636559f7f2c4c52637b7ff2322907.gif