Just Landed

Hey all,

Decided to join up here as it seems like a great place.

Currently I have 6.3 hours towards my certificate in a Foxbat and should be getting stuck into circuits soon on my way to solo level 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Decided to start to learn to fly earlier this year after I received a TIF for a present, funnily enough I used to be scared of flying... clearly I am not anymore!!

My goal is to get my RAA cert. (Restricted) next year and maybe start on Navs, all I really want to do is fly for fun, would love to be able to take friends flying as well! Someday when I get a proper job I will probably get my PPL, but at this stage it's RAA all the way! Got to love paying half the price for lessons...

Anyway thats me, probably should stop procrastinating and get back to my HSC study for the exams next week 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Hi there and 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif. Like the name HeadinTheClouds but now you have started flying it's more like Wholebodyintheclouds 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif.

It's great to see new members on this forum who are learning to fly directly as a result of a TIF given as a present.

Tell us a bit more about yourself .....age, location and where you fly from, we just love helping and encourageing new aviators.

Alan.

Hi Jake,

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif to the site. You will find lots of help & useful info here ......like avoid the clouds 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

Keep us posted with your progress....

Happy Landings

Neil

• Like 1

Hi there and 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif. Like the name HeadinTheClouds but now you have started flying it's more like Wholebodyintheclouds 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif.It's great to see new members on this forum who are learning to fly directly as a result of a TIF given as a present.

Tell us a bit more about yourself .....age, location and where you fly from, we just love helping and encourageing new aviators.

Alan.

I'm not too far into this whole flying thing, but I'm pretty sure we're supposed to be more like notevenclosetotheclouds!

Guest davidh10

Welcome Jake. As probably all of us have, you will learn lots about meteorology and clouds as part of determining when and where it is safe to fly. I find it very interesting and love flying around clouds when conditions and required clearances allow. It's well worthwhile to make a study of it, over and above the RAA syllabus.

Watch out for CAT (Clear Air Turbulence)... unfortunately you can't see it, but you can sure feel it when you encounter some!

I was inspired to choose this username after flying right under a lone, perfectly white and small cloud the other day, was the first time I'd actually flown with any cloud around at all.

G`Day Jake and 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif!

By positioning the aircraft just in the right place, with the sun on one side of the aircraft and a good size white cloud on the other, the shadow of the aircraft, with a rainbow tinge around it, appears on the cloud!

The image also comes out on a photo!

Frank.

G`Day Jake and 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif!By positioning the aircraft just in the right place, with the sun on one side of the aircraft and a good size white cloud on the other, the shadow of the aircraft, with a rainbow tinge around it, appears on the cloud!

Frank.

Now that would make an interesting thread with photos, "Cloud Reflections" ???

Alan.

Now that would make an interesting thread with photos, "Cloud Reflections" ???Alan.

Cloudy Reflections poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif

Like the new username Jake! Hey I was actually thinking of you the other day when driving past down your way and a big black cloud, and storms were around... it reminded me of you and trying to get good weather to go flying! 035_doh.gif.37538967d128bb0e6085e5fccd66c98b.gif

• Like 1

Guest davidh10
G`Day Jake and 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif!By positioning the aircraft just in the right place, with the sun on one side of the aircraft and a good size white cloud on the other, the shadow of the aircraft, with a rainbow tinge around it, appears on the cloud!

Frank.

Like this... [/url]

5871948643_668ae9cc36_z.jpg

Here's some more aerial cloud photos that I've taken.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/davidh10/portfolio/clouds+aerial

Like this...

5871948643_668ae9cc36_z.jpg

Yeah David, just like that!... Sometimes, with a little bit of variation!

I`ve taken several photos of it over the years, but havn`t got a clue what I`ve done with them!...When the conditions are right for it, I`ll have to go up and take some more!

Frank.

Guest davidh10
On another note, does anyone know if or when applications for GYFTS 2012 open?

I asked who was managing it this year (Carol having left), as I just renewed my Pilot Certificate and made a donation, so was interested to know. No reply as yet.

I'd suggest you phone the RAA Office and ask.

Guest davidh10
Good photos David now let's see if HeadinTheClouds can pass his first meteorology test by nameing the cloud formations:yikes:Alan.

A good place to go for cloud information, apart from BOM, is The Cloud Appreciation Society. Their pocketbook is great and their explanations of clouds is excellent.

P.S. I'll even admit to being a member 009_happy.gif.56d1e13d4ca35a447ad034f1ecf7aa58.gif