Site Issues

Admin

Hi All

As the site has been growing rapidly we are experiencing much more frequent database issues. Just one of the databases (there are 3) is over 600meg and the site in the evening is continually hitting over 130 concurrent (all at once) users accessing the databases etc.

Over the recent months I am finding similar issues happening more and more frequent requiring instant intervention to fix. I apologise for this and whilst the databases can easily handle this type of loading, it is being let down by the software and it requires myself to be constantly monitoring the site, all day every day.

This is causing me some concern in terms of all the great new features that are coming to the site however, please be assured that I am working on an overall solution, along with some other IT professionals that will minimise the interruptions in the future.

Hi AllAs the site has been growing rapidly we are experiencing much more frequent database issues. Just one of the databases (there are 3) is over 600meg and the site in the evening is continually hitting over 130 concurrent (all at once) users accessing the databases etc.

Over the recent months I am finding similar issues happening more and more frequent requiring instant intervention to fix. I apologise for this and whilst the databases can easily handle this type of loading, it is being let down by the software and it requires myself to be constantly monitoring the site, all day every day.

This is causing me some concern in terms of all the great new features that are coming to the site however, please be assured that I am working on an overall solution, along with some other IT professionals that will minimise the interruptions in the future.

was the site down early this morning Ian I couldnt get in, also slow to load as you know I'm on wireless, also away from home in hospital nothing major.

BERNIE

Hope everything is ok Bernie...yes I got up this morning and found a database issue again. Should be all fixed now and as I said, I am working on a way to increase the site stability again but that won't come into effect till we move over the "be all and end all" domain of simply .com and requires a change to some of the software we are using which is also being taken care of with all the new enhancements coming