First solo in 1 hr

Guest aussie carl

Guest aussie carl

I'm nervous, excided, anxious and scared. "I can do this yes I can". (I tell myself)

Lots of crazy people here in Coffs ATM jumping out of planes, with only a piece of nylon to stop them from bouncing.

Hope it doesen't get to hectic during my solo circuit.

Bring on information Zulu.

Guest Andys@coffs

Good luck Carl...was on the sawtell link road today and saw a green jump plane down really low over the golf course doing some really tight turns back towards the E-W runway. Tug pilots and jump pilots have that same gettem up and toss em out and try and beat them back on the ground approach

Andy

Guest aussie carl

YIPPPEEEEEEEE !!

Yer Andy that jump truck has been spittin em out left right and center.

He has been doing some very tight right base 10 just west of the dam and they are still at it.

Thanks Frank, Yep all under conrol and focused on the job at hand.

Was great fun, was just like my instructor Mike was there cause I could hear his voice goin through the motions in my head.

I had my head set camera on and running and will upload to youtube soon.

OH MAN ! I can't stop grinnin.

Hi Aussie Carl, Congratulations on your solo. Can you tell me a little about your headset camera, make, mount, sound, radio, quality, run time, battery life, price, etc. and where to buy? Thank you.

Guest aussie carl

Camel. The hobby store that I own sells them for $20. You need a 4gig high speed micro SD card.

My camera has been modifed, have opened it up and made the internal electroset mic external and the mic sits inside my headset to pick up the audio. Then the mount is just glued to the headset. I have also fitted a large external LiPo battery for longer recording.

Thanks Dave and Jake.

FT yer the fun bit only sunk in after the job was done.

Thanks Aussie Carl, just building that set up seems harder than learning to fly. Congratulations again on your solo and enjoy the rest of your training.

Camel. The hobby store that I own sells them for $20. You need a 4gig high speed micro SD card.My camera has been modifed, have opened it up and made the internal electroset mic external and the mic sits inside my headset to pick up the audio. Then the mount is just glued to the headset. I have also fitted a large external LiPo battery for longer recording.

Thanks Dave and Jake.

FT yer the fun bit only sunk in after the job was done.

Which store would that be? I've been looking for an inexpensive way to record my lessons, as a learning tool more than anything else.

Make sure you let us know when the video is up!

YIPPPEEEEEEEE !!Was great fun, was just like my instructor Mike was there cause I could hear his voice goin through the motions in my head.

Isn't that always the way. I hear voices in my head when I fly too... insane.gif.b56be3c4390e84bce5e5e6bf4f69a458.gif 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif (Sorry, couldn't resist! Glad the flight went well, and may there be many many more!)

Guest aussie carl

just watched the video and making a cut version to upload.

Made a few mistakes, went a little high, I didn't consider or allow for the lesser weight I guess. Initaly called "stop n Go", Forgot final check and could have pulled back a little more on flair to slow her down.

Having a video realy helps me to pick up on my mistakes. Should upload tomorrow sometime.

Guest Andys@coffs
Isn't that always the way. I hear voices in my head when I fly too... insane.gif.b56be3c4390e84bce5e5e6bf4f69a458.gif 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif (Sorry, couldn't resist! Glad the flight went well, and may there be many many more!)

If you turn down the radio volume the voices in your head will dissapear.....At coffs however when you eventually turn it back up dont be surprised if they are agitated voices belonging to the control tower folk!!

Andy

Good on ya Carl! I still haven't done anything since the radio course we did together, but hopefully will get to some flying soon.

I was wondering what that green monster was doing laps today. Never linked it with all those parachutists!