SD1 minisport

Litespeed

I will be looking forward to any news on a local build.

The idea of such and light, efficient and cheap to build sportplane gets me going.

Would be a fairly easy build with simple woodwork mainly and a low materials cost.

Even with so nice stuff it should be quite cheap to build and run.

On the web site they discuss a guy doing long range flying in it, not fast but doable.

I think this design is going places.

With a JCV 360 engine, I would happily own one.

Litespeed

www.sdplanes.com is the web site i was looking at.The empty weight with the hirth F-33 single cylinder is 110kg.MTOW is 240 KG. With a payload of 130kg.It would not be suitable for me as I weigh 94 KG.It would with that engine, be OK but I would rather the heavier JCV 360 engine as Litespeed has described.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

www.sdplanes.com is the web site i was looking at.The empty weight with the hirth F-33 single cylinder is 110kg.MTOW is 240 KG. With a payload of 130kg.It would not be suitable for me as I weigh 94 KG.It would with that engine, be OK but I would rather the heavier JCV 360 engine as Litespeed has described.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

I think from memory that the JCV is only about 30kg wet including radiator, oil, coolant. So maybe fine for you Dazza.

Besides I reckon you would not need a heap of fuel as it is very efficient.

Send me your beer for the month and problem solved.026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

I believe it is an easy option to get the spar built at the factory... that is the critical bit in this kit being that it is Carbon reliant. It is like a big composite model airplane.

When I looked at the options I think the spar was a mandatory purchase with the plans and frame number. Which is a perfectly sensible approach.

I think from memory that the JCV is only about 30kg wet including radiator, oil, coolant. So maybe fine for you Dazza.Besides I reckon you would not need a heap of fuel as it is very efficient.

Send me your beer for the month and problem solved.026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

Beer for the Month.Hmm thats alot of beer I would have to give you.lol

Yes,

But just think of the weight savings, then you could have fuel galore and a JCV.

You get all the benefits of better health, faster, stronger...................

And I get beer to drink as my sacrifice in assisting your goals.

026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

I am having one for you know and its low carb but full strength- my secret to 78kg.

Cheers

• Like 1

I agree, very nifty, and no pax seat for the anoying voice from behind, just get lost in the big blue i say, a real "Boy's Toy"

Exactly.

Easy and cheap to build, great looking, sporting performance for its weight. And super cheap to run- brilliant.

And pilot and machine in the blue yonder.

Perfect