Hi All I am planing Cairns to Jandakot I am having trouble finding fuel between Ayers Rock and Kal

MAB123

Hi All I am planing a flight from Cairns to Jandakot I am having trouble finding fuel between Ayers Rock and Kalgoorie is there list out there of strips-A/fields with fuel that are not listed in Shell BP Mobil as they don't cater for the outback run by community/local council/ local supplier etc do you know of a list fuel stops out there 091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif I am flying a J230

Try Forrest (YFRT ERSA S39,50,3, E128.06.9 and Balladonia (YBAL) WA country airstrip guide S32,20.8, E123.36.9). There may be others but I don't think you will find much in a direct line between Alice and Kalgoorlie.

rgmwa

Hi All I am planing a flight from Cairns to Jandakot I am having trouble finding fuel between Ayers Rock and Kalgoorie is there list out there of strips-A/fields with fuel that are not listed in Shell BP Mobil as they don't cater for the outback run by community/local council/ local supplier etc do you know of a list fuel stops out there 091_help.gif.c9d9d46309e7eda87084010b3a256229.gif I am flying a J230

If you really want to try out the long legs of the Jab look at Yulara-Leonora, which is about 560 Nm, and might be a go. There are a number of Aboringinal commnities along that way that have Avgas that might be a possibility, but prior permission would be required. By looseley following the Great Central highway there are more options from a safety perspective. Laverton used to have Avgas, but not aware of current situation.

Did the then Ayers Rock-Forrest direct in an Airtourer back in 1984. There is a whole heap of nothingness on that journey, and a good pair of boots might be handy. Was mighty relieved to see the hangar at Forrest appear on the nose after four hours over that country!!

Sounds like a great trip. Have fun, and keep us posted.

There are a few shown on www.ourairports.com that could prove a good starting point. ie: Tjukayirla Roadhouse Airstrip, Cosmo Newberry, Tjirrkarli Airport, Warburton etc. Then give them a call and make sure they still exist and have the fuel you want.

I did the drive along the outback highway west to east in 2009, long, but well worth it as you see things that the average aussie doesn't see. Would love to do it in the air sometime so I am envious of your trip.

Please post and let us know how it goes (take piccies)

That's really desolate country. If you do these kinds of trips take all the necessary precautions. I've done the Ayers rock Broome a few times but I had two PT6's. You could be in really bad shape if you have to put down there. Nev

Thanks to all . Every year we do a long trip the only place in Australia I haven't flown is the southern part of WA As I see it the best way is through SA than along the Nullabour Highway as this time I may be the only a/craft on this trip .Having said we do a long trip {about 30hrs} over 9 days all advise is useful

Thanks martin

Just done Wylkatchem to Adelaide via Forrest and can't recommend Forrest enough. Avgas was dear but the people running the place a really nice. Stay the night and you'll get fed tea and breakfast plus a room for around $135 per head. Claus is the guys name and he'll be there to meet you when you call inbound.

Oh yeah, it's Virgin's alternate when they fly the bight so the runways are really long tarmac in perfect condition.

Ayers to Giles to Warburton to Leonora would be easy with your long legs.

kaz