Best post ever

Ian did say

''''''''

I have now deleted this entire thread and will be taking a couple of weeks off, even grounding myself from flying, to do some gardening, assemble a Gazebo and have a Daddy Daughter Day. I hope you understand - thanks!

''''''''''

Enjoy

and best of wishes from

all of us

Davidh

PS

you can't truly check that the gazebo is aligned to capture the best feng sui unless you view it from the CT

so at least one flight is called for.

Guest David C

Enjoy your time away Ian .... Cherish the time with your children , as we only have them on loan . Before you know it they will have flown the nest and all the things you wanted to do or tell them will be too late ..Take it easy mate .

David C

A great decision Ian,

I took the day off from editing video to have a day with the family, and it was the best I have had off in a while. 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

The forum will be safe in the hands you have entrusted it to.

I guess the RAA will be bringing your concerns to light during the debrief for Natfly, and its up to them to address the issues for the betterment of aviation itself. The ball is in their court now, and I applaud your decision to have family time.

Ben

Guest Fred Bear

Cyberspace and other commitments seem to get the best of us. Ian, you have made a great decision! I really hope you enjoy the next few weeks off with your family.Cherish every moment mate.You have done an amazing job and we hope to see you back here soon! :)

Guest bateo

I Was going to thread this subject aswell... Ian you deserve a long holiday from it all.. I still think you should get up in that CT though.. Maybe Spend a day with your daughter flying around the country side haha.. Will talk to you when you log in next.. I am sure Chris will still Welcome all the new comers until you return lol

Guest danda

Ian I can just agree with all the others enjoy your time with your family they are number 1.

I wish you all the best and a restful time away from all the stress.

If I may bless you mate.

Don

Onya Ian. Look after the family. Support works both ways.

All (except Ian) - I'll bet he can't resist having a peek in here while he's on " holidays " 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif ;)

Thanks guys - I have had to drop back in for a minute to clean a few things up and saw this thread - want to say thanks for your words.

It occurred to me that after all the time standing at both Avalon and Narromine promoting this site and telling everyone how great it is we need to show them that we are all about having fun and flying - lets all get back to helping each other and talking about all our great airplanes and flying them ;)

Guest David C
It occurred to me that after all the time standing at both Avalon and Narromine promoting this site and telling everyone how great it is we need to show them that we are all about having fun and flying - lets all get back to helping each other and talking about all our great airplanes and flying them ;)

Thats absolutely spot on mate ;)...

Have a GOOD ONE Ian and thanks for all your efforts, I would say, from the response, you have not gone unnoticed which is both a rare and wonderful thing in the times we now live in

Rick

Thought I would post some pictures of my first day off - instead of working the first thing you do when you take some time off to spend with the family is go and wash the plane 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

[ATTACH]1787[/ATTACH]

I tell you and this isn't meant a plug but that Composiclean stuff is fantastic:

[ATTACH]1788[/ATTACH]

Both of my children have severe Developmental Dyspraxia which is where the brain doesn't connect properly to the mouth so speech and communication is extremely difficult for them and also they can't coordinate there muscles properly in things like throwing a ball. My daughter is dramatically impacted psychologically from it (often throwing herself on the floor in tears out of fear of just walking into a room) but my wife and I learnt a lot from her so whilst Lachlan is more severe (he is 5.5 years old and has just started talking basic language) we focused on sign language with him which really helped him to get things out. So, to get them into the plane with the engine running, especially Caitlin, was such a HUGE achievement - it really made my day:

[ATTACH]1789[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1790[/ATTACH]

I just couldn't help myself to go and do a few circuits:

[ATTACH]1791[/ATTACH]

BUT, it was time to go home and start looking at that Gazebo for Corrine. I opened the garage door and suddenly realised I had a BIG problem - sure I could get the Gazebo out but my tools were in there somewhere:

[ATTACH]1793[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1792[/ATTACH]

So priorities had to change a little. I got the Gazebo out and took it up the back yard whilst I started to clean the garage out - Corrine and I decided a Garage Sale was in order for next weekend - Now, I want to say that no matter how much money you spend on the kids including a $2,500 Cubby House and Sandpit:

[ATTACH]1794[/ATTACH]

They will still make the best of the cheapest things around them - like the advert, playing with the empty box, PRICELESS - I looked up the back yard to where I had placed the Gazebo and found my son having built his own new cubby house:

[ATTACH]1795[/ATTACH]

I think we all forget the greatest things that we already have around us :big_grin:

1182245438_CT4848002.jpg.7796a65dfdad9a21c5035b93faa0b70b.jpg

1621325599_CT4848009.jpg.31f1dff4587c255818b9f2fa2506adf1.jpg

1963090114_CT4848018.jpg.07900c2b8c79f9c21010bffab370019d.jpg

1252213551_CT4848025.jpg.15d2b605599c283379d1889c6dfaf25c.jpg

2012119710_CT4848030.jpg.99118616e41855a1ba7c143f5251bb8a.jpg

855607853_CT4848033.jpg.13c9a5bb9fbf9c9bafbeaddc54be2bec.jpg

447691213_CT4848034.jpg.df6100bba6ecda7ac683c769bfe6526b.jpg

1312370921_CT4848036.jpg.23d487e038c57449240243e927502b37.jpg

626826802_CT4848038.jpg.960194e8cf9ed6ad263ba36a9be41625.jpg

Guest Decca

All (except Ian) - I'll bet he can't resist having a peek in here while he's on " holidays " 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif ;)

You were spot on Case, who was the very next post from? I had been looking out for Ian's green "online" indicator too. I think all of us have. In the short time I've been with you guys I have so much respect and admiration for this guy.

Thanks for sharing your family with us Ian, hope we get to enjoy more of your company real soon....Derek

Guest Fred Bear

Ian,

An awesome and touching post mate.Thanks for sharing the pics and letting us into your 'personal' life.I am sure you have many challenges but on the same token I am sure the rewards that are there for you cannot have a price put on them.Enjoy the time with your family.Every minute of it mate :);)

Guest Crash Lander

Ian,

That's a great looking plane you have there. I kept an eye out for it whilst I was at Avalon, but unfortunately I never found it. mind you, there was plenty I didn't see. Is it smaller than a Jabiru? Anyway, I was wondering. What is that stuff you're using to wash the plane mate? I've heard talk about something that's supposed to be good, called we..wat...water! That's it! Water! I've not seen any in such a long time mate!006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif