Trip to Warrnambool

RetiredRacer

Hi everyone.We're planning on doing a trip down to W.bool (Vic) in January. Does anyone know if there would be a possibility of getting hangerage for a couple of weeks?

The guy at Peterborough offers hangarage...kaz

Hi everyone.We're planning on doing a trip down to W.bool (Vic) in January. Does anyone know if there would be a possibility of getting hangerage for a couple of weeks?

The guy at Peterborough offers hangarage...kaz

RR, speak to CFI Tony Franc next to the terminal building - he'll know what's available. If you are in the south west (Vic) mid week - Cobden Aero club (20 min by air from Warrnambool) has a meal and get together every Wednesday night- you'll be made most welcome and could stay overnight in the clubroom if required.

Cheers,

Billwoodmason.

Thanks for that Bill. My sister dropped in there the other day and made enquiries. It looks like we will have to tie it down.

I'm very interested in a wednesday night while we are there. I grew up in W'bool and I have some fond memorys of Gobden when I was a teenager.giggle.gif.9fbf2613564ad555277246f6add2d17e.gif

Might see you in Peterborough as well. My co-pilot wants to see the 12 apostles etc and i am looking at other options and places during the first week of January. What is the accomodation like there or nearby-hang on, we dont have a car so you know the deal, has to be not too far away.

Terry

Terry, we won't be down there till the second week of January. At this stage we will tie down at W,bool and do some flying from there. We will be doing the western end of the great ocean road coastline and possibly stay a night at Peterborough. Accomodation I think will be hard to find that time of year, so we're packing the tent.

Thanks for that Bill. My sister dropped in there the other day and made enquiries. It looks like we will have to tie it down.I'm very interested in a wednesday night while we are there. I grew up in W'bool and I have some fond memorys of Gobden when I was a teenager.giggle.gif.9fbf2613564ad555277246f6add2d17e.gif

Small world! I grew up in Port Fairy and Portland, studied engineering in Warrnambool, and worked for the Shire of Heytesbury in Cobden for a while. Will be back in the area in Jan visiting family.

rgmwa

Hi rg, I see your building a RV12. How is the build going? We have a RV9a registered RAA. We got it in the air last April and now have 51 hrs up. The W'bool trip will be our first major run with the -9, so I'm interested in cruise speeds and fuel burn etc.

My teenage memory's of Cobden etc, were back in the late 50's early 60's.

Hi rg, I see your building a RV12. How is the build going? We have a RV9a registered RAA. We got it in the air last April and now have 51 hrs up. The W'bool trip will be our first major run with the -9, so I'm interested in cruise speeds and fuel burn etc.My teenage memory's of Cobden etc, were back in the late 50's early 60's.

Hi Bob. I knew about your -9a from other posts. All the best for the trip. My -12 is going well. About 630 hours work so far, with empenage, tail cone and wings done, and fuse about 50%. Hope to finish around mid 2012, with the first big trip being across the Nullabor - Perth to Portland. That will be a while yet though. I was in Cobden in '74. Doesn't seem that long ago, but of course it is!

rgmwa