Mudgee WINGS,WHEELS & WINE 07.. 21st APRIL

Guest bateo

Guest David C

Didn't make it Emma 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif.. Work intervened again and I just couldn't face an 8 hr return drive followed by work on Sunday again . I spoke to Uncle Fred , he phoned me from Mudgee looking for the Airport . I gave him navigation instructions 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif.. I assume he made it .. I will ring him later today and glean some info from him . I hope he took photos to share ..

So that was Fred. Convinced myself it wasn't and didn't say hello. Sorry Fred.

Emma - I needed 12 hours sleep after getting back so couldn't reply last night.

Will put some photos and a trip report together ASAP. Still haven't got to Narromine, but as that's ancient history now, I might do Mudgee first.

Suffice to say for now, we had a great day.

Ross

Guest bateo

G'day Emma,

Day was great, Crowd and aircraft arriving for the day were a bit down on previous years due to lack of publicity and also to a bad fog which stuck around till around 11!! But the show went on... Pitts and Extra going head to head with Police Highway Patrols and a NEW hot lotus along the runway.. With also a Tiger Moth Vs a Morgan.. (Morgan came in front with just metres to spare).

Roulettes and Russian Roolettes put on a Awesome display, aswell as the extra and Pitts...

Highlight was the remote control Jets doing aerobatics.. Unbelievable!

Wineries commented on the huge success of the tastings on the day, aswell as the exotic foodies..

With already more people booked for next year!! Was a good day.. It was nice to meet you Ross, I was a bit upset not being able to do a display in the Tecnam due to a Flat nose wheel.. Grrr

Bugger! Still sitting on the ground at Goulburn at 10.15am waiting for the fog to lift. After that I worked out I would be arriving too late in Mudgee to enjoy the day.

That's Goulburn - either blowing a gale or fogged in!

Shared the taxiway with three Tiger Moths, also waiting. That's the greatest number of people I have met at Goulburn at any one time!

Guest bateo

It was a shame.. I was on the VHF for the first couple of hours of the day.. around 15-20 aircraft had come as close as 5 NM having to divert.. with most of them not returning as this was around 8-9 am.. Unfortunately this brought numbers down this yr.. It was a nice day once it lifted.. Sorry to hear you couldnt attend.. Maybe Ross has some photo's? I was a bit busy to get any although will try and track some down to post..

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bateo

G'day Guys...

I have a little 'sneak peek' for the ones who were unable to attend the Wings Wheels and Wine this year..

Here are some links to video's on Youtube of the Pitts and the local Xr6 Highway patrol, Tiger Moth Vs the Morris with Richard Wiltshire in his Extra 300L and the Pitts on Aerobatics!!

(I think the Morris jumped the flag and should've been D/Q what you guys think?? haha)

ENJOY....

Guest bateo

He thought there was no way he jumped the flag.. Until Video Referee came in haha..

They footage turned out great, The drags were very successful..

Have you got any of the races the cars won Sam?

The unmarked XR6 Turbo Police Pursuit romped it in, and was it the Elfin that won also? Great to see the videos. I didn't get any good shots of the races, but they were excellent entertainment to see live.

Ross

Guest bateo

I know they had footage of the Un-marked Xr6, but yet to see it published.. maybe in the next coming weeks? They were pretty extreme the Elfin and the ford turbo.. A must next yr..

Guest Fred Bear

They were supposed to stop using unmarked cars too. Don't know what happened there 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif Unfair advantage.

Guest bateo

This one was a nice looking machine.. If it werent for the 2 Whippy looking Ariels off the boot, You couldn't tell it was a un-marked HP. You couldn't see the Radar or the lights..

But thats ok Darren, it influences you to fly more places and get there quicker cruising oh say at around 180-200 km/hr.. than drive and take that risk of getting caught by the un-marked haha

Guest Fred Bear
But thats ok Darren, it influences you to fly more places and get there quicker cruising oh say at around 180-200 km/hr.. than drive and take that risk of getting caught by the un-marked haha

Great minds think alike Sam (I am sure there are a few on here). ;)

Guest Fred Bear

That's good then ultralights. Just PM me your address and I will forward any tickets on to yourself.