2-hour beginner

jimecho1

Hi folks. Just logging in for the first time. I found the site while looking around for information generally. I have two hours on a thruster T300, gained over the past week or so. Before that, did one hour on an Airborne XT trike - and found it like riding a piece of two-by-four to great heights. Decided I'd rather have a seat, however unsubstantial, and at least half a roof over me, so moved schools and took up Thrusting. So far, so good. I also like the look of later-model Drifters, also Challenger II with (getting ambitious here) amphibian floats.

I'm 63 this year. Despite this, I'm fairly confident I'll at least solo before carking it.

Married to a teacher, one kid. Work a newspaper indexing and schools resource business from home.

Cheers, Jim

Guest danda

Hi Jim great to have you aboard this site is a great place fo almost anything to do with flying and a place where you can make some good mates no matter how far they are away, so once again welcome and I look forward to hearing more from you because here your opinion counts.

Don

Guest David C

Welcome Jim,

Good to have you aboard . This is the most resourceful and friendly site you will ever find . Looking forward to your postings .

David C

Thanks, all

I think I'm working this thread thing right. (as bad as getting feet and hands to operate independently!).

Thanks for the welcomes, folks. The site looks a great place to hang out during inclement weather. Nice to see other people of around my age. THEY probably read all the Biggles books, too.

Incidentally, until a few months ago, I didn't realise how cheap and relatively easy ultralighting was. Whoops! That last may fall into the category of Famous Last Words!

Anyway, cheers again to all who wrote.

Jim

Hi Nev,

Yes. I actually took my first (and last) trike lesson at LV a few weeks ago. Nice bloke, but the trike's not for me. You're a learner? Surely not as new as me!

Sorry Ian. I didn't read you right. Corby Starlet? One of the first ULs I ever heard about, way back when I was a young bloke. Wooden aircraft, weren't they? Did you build it yourself?

Cheers, jim

Guest brentc

Hi Jim. I grew up in the Yarram area and have the odd hour flying around down there. Another Yarram member David (Hihoisland) with the Skyranger is on these forums and is the agent for them. Yarram is also the home of the Gippsland Ultralight and Leisure Flyers who fly at B'dale, the Valley, Lakes, Leongatha and Tooradin etc. When you are flying around near Alberton and fly over the big Pine Tree'd sewerage plant you're flying over my old family property.

Almost a Learner

You're a learner? Surely not as new as me!

Yeah I am new haven't had a lesson yet (Apart for a G.A. IFL at Morabbin)

I'm thinking about going to Pioneer Aviation at LV to have lessons in there Jabiru.

I have a cash flow problem at the moment (thats the trouble with being self employed)

But I'm currently Studying The BAK Theory book

Brent, I'll keep a lookout for the place. I do a bit of boating and fishing around Port Albert and have often passed through Alberton. It must have been quite a town back when the old pub was new...

Mike ... if I get through within thirty hours, I'll be a happy little Vegemite. Congratulations and thanks for the reply...

Guest Nelson Smith

Welcome Jim to this great site.We are certainly neighbours as I live at Mirboo, and I would like to extend an invitation to you to visit Latrobe Valley Aero club on a Saturday at lunchtime for their BBQ.Be prepared to meet some nice folk there.

Sandra & I own a Jabiru and Sandra flys me out of L.V.

Cheers

Nelson Smith

Hi Nelson and Sandra,

I plan to do just that shortly. Still thinking about my first aircraft. A Jab is right up there, but I may plump for rag, tube, low and slow for my first. After that palls, I'll look around for a poorly guarded bank ...

Cheers, Jim

Chris, I have to say that this site - and especially the forum section - is one of the best-designed, best-working things I've seen on the web. To all involved, wonderful work!

Jim