JABIRU? FLYING OVER SHERLOCK

flyerme

G'day Tim. I finally got into the air again and took a trip out to your place[ATTACH=full]16623[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]16624[/ATTACH]

I buzzed around a bit, did a dummy approach but didn't attempt the land as your strip is far too short for a Jabbie. Do you fly over the village or go to the right of it and around the aerial mast on the corner? That is what I did. Didn't want to wake up the locals by being only 100 over there heads. Mind you, I had to be nimble to align to your main strip though. Are you 'paving' the other one? Gotta say you have some bloody lumpy weather out there mate. Really kept me on my toes.

On the way back to RPA at MB, I added another image to my collection, Talem Bend on the River Murray with Lake Alexandrina in the back-ground.

[ATTACH=full]16625[/ATTACH]

Oh, Thought I ought to mention that you wind socks are hard to see, but at least you have 2.

Oh, and also, PRA (Recreational Pilots Academy) has a Lightwing if you're interested in a TIF and such. Contact James here:

http://www.rpa.net.au/ Nice video included if anyone else is interested.

that was awesome, When approaching from the east(heading west) as you did, I fly to the left of the village over the scrub (village just bellow my right wing,and the arial mast on my right),I make a high approch ,but rarely land from from that approach. perfer the oppersite way .. the runway that is slightly paved is an old strip that is UN-SERVICABLE(will put a X at either end soon) yeh the weather out her is rough as guts and gets worse down in Peake. I also noticed wind socks not that visable ,,just replaced the one near the house to a bigger white one,but still lil hard to see ,you did well,,,you see my 2 lil planes out sun baking? have a good one and love the pics

,if you can land in the lil strip you win a free coffee...or tea..lol

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF I were to land, I too would prefer to opposite way but then, you goes were the wind sock says to go. You should have come out and waved your arms about, might have got a photo of you trying to take off taz.gif.c750d78125a77f219b0619b1f23e3e90.gif. Sorry to say, I didn't notice your planes, was far too busy fighting the turbulence. Another reason for no closer shots. Glad you liked my 'fly by' though.

IF I were to land, I too would prefer to opposite way but then, you goes were the wind sock says to go. You should have come out and waved your arms about, might have got a photo of you trying to take off taz.gif.c750d78125a77f219b0619b1f23e3e90.gif. Sorry to say, I didn't notice your planes, was far too busy fighting the turbulence. Another reason for no closer shots. Glad you liked my 'fly by' though.

Yeh understandable,We were at the house in the yard waving like mad but guessed you were a lil pre occupied. had I thought I should have jumped on the radio...next time.. I love your pics of the sherlock aerodrome...fantastic and yep we loved your flybyes...take it easy and see you again some time,Ill be taking the Thruster up in the mourning again take off around 1/4 to 6am if smooth enough will fly to Peake to my Pa's for a flybye,if anyone in area hope to see you,you can,t miss me ill be at 600ft on a giant blue broomstick sitting on 50knts...NO RADIO IN THRUSTER>>.,OVER AND OUT.

G'day Tim. I finally got into the air again and took a trip out to your place[ATTACH=full]16623[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]16624[/ATTACH]

I buzzed around a bit, did a dummy approach but didn't attempt the land as your strip is far too short for a Jabbie. Do you fly over the village or go to the right of it and around the aerial mast on the corner? That is what I did. Didn't want to wake up the locals by being only 100 over there heads. Mind you, I had to be nimble to align to your main strip though. Are you 'paving' the other one? Gotta say you have some bloody lumpy weather out there mate. Really kept me on my toes.

On the way back to RPA at MB, I added another image to my collection, Talem Bend on the River Murray with Lake Alexandrina in the back-ground.

[ATTACH=full]16625[/ATTACH]

Oh, Thought I ought to mention that you wind socks are hard to see, but at least you have 2.

Oh, and also, PRA (Recreational Pilots Academy) has a Lightwing if you're interested in a TIF and such. Contact James here:

http://www.rpa.net.au/ Nice video included if anyone else is interested.

26972325_sherlockstripandcurcuit.thumb.jpg.9def35e59369dde55695b8502c896cb8.jpg

Had a lovely smooth flight in the Thruster this mourning,sat at 1000ft and flew to Peake and back...then had Harry in his splended volksplane fly over the strip,must say I love that volksy and the engine sounds awesome.Great to see my strip buzzing with life...my life couldnt get any better...thanks for the show harry,next time drop in for a cupper mate,and hanging to see Chris in his vamp along side you......take it easy

Thruster, Volksplane and Vampire.......You guys have got to organise a get together at MB so that we can all come down and meet you and yours. Check with James at RPA, maybe it could be on the same day as one of his BBQ's.

Hey Thirsty, you could organise this, couldn't you?

Thruster, Volksplane and Vampire.......You guys have got to organise a get together at MB so that we can all come down and meet you and yours. Check with James at RPA, maybe it could be on the same day as one of his BBQ's.Hey Thirsty, you could organise this, couldn't you?

Hey Doug,sounds good not sure if the thruster will go the distance??lol 45-50 knt cruise could take a while but should have the supercat back in action soon would be great to fly in..

Hey Doug,sounds good not sure if the thruster will go the distance??lol 45-50 knt cruise could take a while but should have the supercat back in action soon would be great to fly in..

So, send your missus off first in the Thruster with an extra can of fuel for company 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif 114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gif

• Like 1

So, send your missus off first in the Thruster with an extra can of fuel for company 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif 114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gif

ha ha you know my missus then???? of coarse the can of fuel would have no lid and 3 detinators attatched...ah did I say that out loud?bomb.gif.8dfedc171d37efc22ba0dd32e933ffc0.gif um not much room in the single seat thruster,good thing she only ways 37kgs that'll get me a few extra litrers in the bomb..ah I mean jerry can:roflmao: see you tuesday around 2:30-3pm

Got a doctors appointment on Tuesday so I can't make it. Get your fellow "lite aviators" together on a Thursday and I'll make the 100k trip to meet you.

At 100kgs, I'm too big the fly a Thruster but I'd like to get up close to see how these things are put together. Same goes for the other planes.

Hey doug,ha ha I got a doctors appointment at bridge tues afternoon,,ill stop in and see if anybody up for some hanger talk, any ways.I get a lot of interest in my ol Thruster and she's agood unique example of the t83 single seat,fully enclosed ,45 ltr endrourence tank,any way have the ailrons off for repair at moment,but will defenatly organise some sort of fly in ,Ill speak to harry but not sure how keen he,ll be?may be a thought to fly In to wellington, should have no worries with an early fly in,in the trusty thruster,also should then get the oppertunity for viewing the volksplane and vampier should harry and chris be keen ,ill see what their thought are in the next week or so,and prepare the broom stick , My man Jim Cuthill has descouvered via phone the thrustesr ailrons worn bad hence the lack of roll,, any way ill stay in contact on this subject as im super keen to show off my magical broom stick,..... huble,kuble,coil and trouble ,I'll make this broom fly, just like a bubble...ear he he he he he ........ Ill get you my pretty.

Sure - any Thursday for lunch. We just need to know numbers to cater for it.

Hi Tony and James,the missus pulled the old vidoe cam out and filmed you guys over the strip today,she was at the house so not the best footage but managed to salvage a couple of pics,hope you enjoy,and great catching up today. Awesome flying guys,about 2inches off the runway,approached both directions perfectly,well done guys you almost won the cuppa..( reward for landing on tiny strip = free cuppa..lol) take it easyJ5.jpg.ffeba6a800a73c928003861f29e8ec6d.jpg

J7.jpg.5a8d1973c5c5009de6646a9eed6332d3.jpg

J2.jpg.37e7d1b2e6b0126d283d4cd1ccd5a11a.jpg

J4.jpg.8573221fc380b3d1fcd2108cc81334a1.jpg

• Like 1

Good to finally meet you too Tim. James is a really good pilot and I believe him when he says he meant to hold it a couple of inches off the deck! Thanks for the photos too, we don't get to see ourselves flying too often.

• Like 1

Good to finally meet you too Tim. James is a really good pilot and I believe him when he says he meant to hold it a couple of inches off the deck! Thanks for the photos too, we don't get to see ourselves flying too often.

Hi Tony,took the thruster up this arvo to test out them ailrons....wind 0knts, took off and you wouldn't believe it...same thing as the other day!!! at 1 - 200ft severe sink to 50-100ft followed by instsnt up drought to 600ft (very severe up druaght) then I made a left hand turn and again she was pushed over,, faced with no ailrons to correct and full rudder had me slipping in a 45deg bank so stick forward and pushed her to 65knts asi,and lined up for next doors padock for a forced...,at 50 ft and ready to round it out become smooth so full throttle applied made a right climbing turn back to line up strip and made a 55knt 150ft approach that was the roughest yet,,couldn,t push her down landed 150 mtrs up the stip at 55knts and with the freshy wet and hardend runway had to use the taxiway for run off...Not sure whats in the air out their but its sure not likeing my thruster...oh and the ailrons????useless,luckey i got them peddals....back to the workshop and fit my thinking cap on,,got a feeling its a tail prob, ,im grounding her ,that sucks,2 planes and can't fly any of them:crying:

That's not good news Tim. I thought fo sure that would fix it. You should post in the thruster forum and see if any of he experts there can help.

I feel your pain though, sux no being able to fly. Here's hoping you get it sorted sooner rather than late mate.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

who dat? a beautifull flybye in a jabi monday,just skimming the dirt..awesome,,not sure how a nose wheel would handle at the moment (few rocks),will lay some new dirt in next few weeks but all you tail draggers No worries,,heres a vid of me flying the Thruster to Peake and landing on my new runway at Pa's1 way in 1 way out and between trees 240 meters grass easy but lil bounce or 2.lol.....real spot landing...054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif