JABIRU? FLYING OVER SHERLOCK

flyerme

Howdy flyerme, driven past your property at least half a dozen times so far this year (latest was yesterday at some very late hour in a receding thunderstorm) but not ventured that way above ground level yet....

feel free to stop bye for a lil hanger chat..take it easy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who dat? a beautifull flybye in a jabi monday,just skimming the dirt..awesome,,not sure how a nose wheel would handle at the moment (few rocks),will lay some new dirt in next few weeks but all you tail draggers No worries,,heres a vid of me flying the Thruster to Peake and landing on my new runway at Pa's1 way in 1 way out and between trees 240 meters grass easy but lil bounce or 2.lol.....real spot landing...054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif

had the grader out today ,so run way is graded and rolled (rocks removed) so all you nosey guys and gals,so feel free to put all 3 on the dirt now without any problems..oh except for the length..320mtrs...take it easy and still waiting for the first aircraft to land !!!!! got the kettle brewing........... where are all you low performance guys and gals?

who dat? a beautifull flybye in a jabi monday,just skimming the dirt..awesome,,not sure how a nose wheel would handle at the moment (few rocks),will lay some new dirt in next few weeks but all you tail draggers No worries,,heres a vid of me flying the Thruster to Peake and landing on my new runway at Pa's1 way in 1 way out and between trees 240 meters grass easy but lil bounce or 2.lol.....real spot landing...054_no_no_no.gif.950345b863e0f6a5a1b13784a465a8c4.gif[Hi flyerme, the jab doing the near touch and go was me, the reason I did not land is I was not sure of the surface of your runway,looked like soft sand. The length did not worry me and now that you have rolled and graded it I will land on your strip next time I'm up your way and you are home.

• Like 1

I reckon that our illustrious RaaUs rep Ed Herring should visit you in his Powerered Parachute after all to be a good rep he needs to visit the members personally.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gifAlan Marriette.

Now that would be a real treat,never seen one other than on a screen,,,shouldn,t have any probs with the strip... and just got back from leeton NSW picked up my new x2 447's for my supercat and the old quicksilver..can,t wait to fit the new rotax in and see if the supercat runs,if have the same issue it can only be the prop or fuel delivery..anyway bung it tomorrow..

Now that would be a real treat,never seen one other than on a screen,,,shouldn,t have any probs with the strip... and just got back from leeton NSW picked up my new x2 447's for my supercat and the old quicksilver..can,t wait to fit the new rotax in and see if the supercat runs,if have the same issue it can only be the prop or fuel delivery..anyway bung it tomorrow..

Hey Flyerme, would love to take a (road) trip over to you and check out your new strip with the 'chute one day. Be good to check out the Supercat and Thruster as well

Peter

Hey Flyerme, would love to take a (road) trip over to you and check out your new strip with the 'chute one day. Be good to check out the Supercat and Thruster as wellPeter

Hi peter,anytime,would love to check out you chute also,,. Geelong! I grew up in Rosebud(vic) and my Pa,grew up at williams town....if I can sort out the superca(as still not going,we think its the modified exhaust)I was hoping to join a flight late this year flying the coast from warnabul ,...any way did 2 hours in the thruster yesterday,longest Ive stayed up there in her,..she.s handleing awesome,,and with the new engine the climb is phenomanal...take it easy

Guest Redair

Excuse me diving in, but couldn't help notice this thread, as I was only just driving through Sherlock a couple of weeks ago.... I saw Sherlock Hall, and I guess the houses must have been Sherlock Homes!!! Sorry, I bet you get that all the time. But your post has confirmed that I really did see a brightly coloured Super Cat hiding behind the bushes as we drove past, (my dear wife thought I was seeing things!) If I ever get the Savannah in the air I might fly down that way and have a better look.

Redair.

• 2 months later...

:clap:awesome, the first plane to land here..A beautiful Jabi from wellington made a perfect landing with half the strip spare,,045_beg.gif.b05ea876053438dae8f282faacd973d1.gif ,what a neat plane ,fuel injected, and love the red detailing,,I,m now a jabi fan...I want! !!!!!!!,the take off was better than my supercat getting off the ground in only 100-125 meters,,and climbed like a rocket.,, made my day,of coarse I had to call my Pa to tell him all about it ,then my dad,my mate ,my. siste,r my .oh sorry, I was really excited.029_crazy.gif.9816c6ae32645165a9f09f734746de5f.gif