Water skiing, and a Cub...

Tomo

Don't encourage them Tomo. Nev

Yeah, it's one of those "don't do this at home" videos...

I'd be interested to know how they started off though!

Don't get any ideas Tomo

The wake gives it away! poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif Anyway, heading out for some more of this today, should be good. By the way, that's Dad, not me! (I'm driving)

398678_1795382421780_1756305220_906101_1288787438_n.jpg

• Like 1

Nah, this is at Lake Broadwater west of Dalby.

We've had about 9mm all up, so next to nothing, east and west of us have been inundated, and it still continues. A little more rain would be nice around this area actually. Saves a lot of money and energy on irrigating.

Yeah, it's one of those "don't do this at home" videos...I'd be interested to know how they started off though!

I saw one where they were barefoot behind a Dragonfly (in the US) they had the ski rope on the plane already and the skier on a jet ski... match speed, grab rope, then bail from jet ski.

• Like 1

Yeah, it's one of those "don't do this at home" videos...I'd be interested to know how they started off though!

When I water skied years ago we did a speed pick up and the boat circles the skier and rope is slack, grab rope, flick over head, find handle and boat straightens up and pulls skier out, I wonder if plane circled with rope in water, skier grabs handle and straightens up and off they go otherwise I suppose he was towed by boat and swapped.

looks like fun as there would be no wake and smooth water although not so smooth in video. Might need to get float plane.

• Like 1

That's it Camel. If the end bit is draggy and not heavy, you can fly around it. Now I'm encouraging you . ( Broken one of my own rules).

Now that you have found the magic of a Cub type plane Tomo tell them that fast plastics are only for people who want to get there fast (and who must not like flying). How many HP is the motor in the J3 85? Nev

• Like 1

How many HP is the motor in the J3 85? Nev

Yes 85hp Cont. I've got a towing approval for gliders... wonder if that covers water skiers as well..? big_gun.gif.bf32cf238ff2a3722884beddb76a2705.gif

When I water skied years ago we did a speed pick up and the boat circles the skier and rope is slack, grab rope, flick over head, find handle and boat straightens up and pulls skier out

Yeah we do that too for experienced skiers. Just got home after a day of it actually! Was great.

• Like 1