rotax 447 ,need coils?

flyerme

anyone know where to buy a set of coils for a rotax 447? or does anyone know a rotax mechanic near Murray Briddge? well im on a roll does anyone know how to test the coil packs?

any info please Im dessperate to get her flying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If your motor has points it's not difficult to get a test done with a 6 or 12 volt battery. This won't tell you if it is likely to breakdown after a period of running though but it will tell you if it's dead. Place a bit of card board between the points and flash the lead to the points with the other end to earth . You should get about a 8 mm spark at the end of the HT lead. Nev

If your motor has points it's not difficult to get a test done with a 6 or 12 volt battery. This won't tell you if it is likely to breakdown after a period of running though but it will tell you if it's dead. Place a bit of card board between the points and flash the lead to the points with the other end to earth . You should get about a 8 mm spark at the end of the HT lead. Nev

Thanks Nev Ill check if its got points

If the coils are Bosch parts, try a Bosch agent. I had an Alfa Romeo years ago with Bosch distributor. When I broke the dizzy drive shaft I went to a local auto electrician with the Bosch model number of the dizzy. Of course you can't buy just a drive shaft but a whole new distributor was a quarter of the Alfa price.

If the coils are Bosch parts, try a Bosch agent. I had an Alfa Romeo years ago with Bosch distributor. When I broke the dizzy drive shaft I went to a local auto electrician with the Bosch model number of the dizzy. Of course you can't buy just a drive shaft but a whole new distributor was a quarter of the Alfa price.

Flyerme - from your other thread it would appear that you may have identified the woolie boogers in your little 447. Should it still not be 'on song' when you get the suspect carbs/fuel system sorted, get back to me & I'll find a couple of used coils for you to try.

Deltacharlie - tell us more about the steam traction engine in you avator -I'm envious as hell! cheers Riley

Flyerme - from your other thread it would appear that you may have identified the woolie boogers in your little 447. Should it still not be 'on song' when you get the suspect carbs/fuel system sorted, get back to me & I'll find a couple of used coils for you to try.Deltacharlie - tell us more about the steam traction engine in you avator -I'm envious as hell! cheers Riley

Hi Riley, It's not a traction engine, it's a steam roller. A Fowler DNA type 10-ton. Built by John Fowler Ltd (Leeds) in 1926. Imported by the NSW Department of Main Roads, one of a batch of 6.Worked with the DMR until the mid 50s then bought by Marrickville Council and used up to 1963. A mate and I bought it in 1964 for 35 pounds (would you believe there's no pound sign on my keyboard, what is the world coming to!!)

It has been kept in "preservation" ever since and currently lives at the Campbelltown Steam Museum near Sydney, not too far from Camden. (www.csmm.com.au). Interestingly, a couple of other steamers from our museum have been used in The Great Gatsby film recently made in Sydney.

Apologies to other forum-ites for the thread drift.