OK OK I give in!

Clansman

Just to get rid of that pesky message, here goes. I've posted in 2 previous threads under 2 previous website versions, so I'm not really new. Thoroughly enjoy the lively banter, but can't possibly devote the time to do much justice to all that goes here. Worst part is my wife claims I'm now doing "facebook" stuff on this site under the guise of "aviation research" after resisting facebook and twitter with much posturing about people not having enough sense to use their time more productively!

Got to give her that one, but don't tell her!

One warning - although my iPad2 is more friendly to my nether regions than my laptop when propped up in bed or in front of the TV, there are genuine limitations to functionality - Smilies don't work, nor can you alter your Avatar, but so far all other things are fine. I've had a conversation with Admin about it, so please, no-one else needs to do so too.

Finally, I'd encourage everyone to make a donation - if you continue logging on to tap into the threads then you must be getting enough value to put some cash up too.

Cheers,

Guest davidh10

Welcome back, Paul.

This definitely isn't FarceBook... I don't subscribe to it either, for lots of reasons.

Teach your wife how to research her interests on the Internet... Find her a forum that supports her interests. Then she may understand.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I finally past my nav and have only had one chance to fly unleashed, so I took my daughter for a spin over Tumbarumba and across to Tumut, great day for it, and blowering dam looks

fantastic at around 80%. Planning on going that way again with another family member, just need the weather to clear up bounce.gif.3516b5f7197d1d6889168640af67e2f6.gif

• Like 2

Hi guys, I finally past my nav and have only had one chance to fly unleashed, so I took my daughter for a spin over Tumbarumba and across to Tumut, great day for it, and blowering dam looksfantastic at around 80%. Planning on going that way again with another family member, just need the weather to clear up bounce.gif.3516b5f7197d1d6889168640af67e2f6.gif

Onya! doubleB: enjoy the freedom of flight.

Just to get rid of that pesky message, here goes. I've posted in 2 previous threads under 2 previous website versions, so I'm not really new. Thoroughly enjoy the lively banter, but can't possibly devote the time to do much justice to all that goes here. Worst part is my wife claims I'm now doing "facebook" stuff on this site under the guise of "aviation research" after resisting facebook and twitter with much posturing about people not having enough sense to use their time more productively!Got to give her that one, but don't tell her!

One warning - although my iPad2 is more friendly to my nether regions than my laptop when propped up in bed or in front of the TV, there are genuine limitations to functionality - Smilies don't work, nor can you alter your Avatar, but so far all other things are fine. I've had a conversation with Admin about it, so please, no-one else needs to do so too.

Finally, I'd encourage everyone to make a donation - if you continue logging on to tap into the threads then you must be getting enough value to put some cash up too.

Cheers,

I've had the same problem with the avatar - hence I ain't put one up yet...

My computer died and nothing but the ipad2 - it does just about everything I need anyway!!

Regards

Mark

Great sense of freedom DoubleB , well done, hope this weekend's rain isn't too serious in Wagga for you.Mark, have you tried OzRunways yet on your iPad2 - brilliant!

Yes, the trial period is over.... I didn't really get a good go of it as it ran out 2 days before I was going up... Seemed like it worked at ground level. I reckon it's overpriced.

Mark

Yes, the trial period is over.... I didn't really get a good go of it as it ran out 2 days before I was going up... Seemed like it worked at ground level. I reckon it's overpriced.Mark

Hi Mark, Why do you think Ozrunways is overpriced? ... I am the complete opposite, I think it is the best value for money application... actually, aviation product I have ever bought.

Hi Mark, Why do you think Ozrunways is overpriced? ... I am the complete opposite, I think it is the best value for money application... actually, aviation product I have ever bought.

I guess it depends on how often you use it. $75/year is still too much. It should be $75 total.

It is a very good and useful app - sure, paper versions would cost more.

I reckon pilots are just used to paying through the none for everything.

regards

Mark