I need a new username...

Matt

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a new username as Sportstar3978 will be going to a new home this week 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif ...any tips on how to deal with the grief of selling your baby would also be appreciated.

2 years to the day we first picked up Sportstar3978 we will be delivering her to her new home in Port Macquarie...a bit of a sea change from the hustle and bustle of life at Canberra International Airport :)

Will put a post into "Great Trips" later this week after our final flight :;)4: 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Cheers

Matt (formerly Sportstar3978)...& Kaz

Guest pelorus32

Hey Matt,

what are you going to fly now? Is this an upgrade or a grounding?

As for a new username - I reckon stick with what you have. That's what we know you as and it must have fond connections for you.

It's like calling yourself Captain Courageous. Even if you later turn into a wimp you don't change your name:cool:

Regards

Mike

Hey Mike,

Got a couple of options at the moment, going through an Air Force pilot application process (just waiting on a date to go to Tamworth for Pilot Selection course) and if that doesn't come off then I'll be expanding endorsements and ratings on my PPL and probably end up buying something GA that's IFR rated for those days when you need to fly but can't.

Cheers,

Matt.

Guest Fred Bear

Oh no!!! 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif One of the planes I most liked to fly in 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

any tips on how to deal with the grief of selling your baby would also be appreciated.

Ring and say: "Sorry, she's not for sale anymore. I made a huge mistake". 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Guest Emma Masters

and i missed out on my flight too 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif...

Im sure this will lead to bigger and better things for you both:)

Maybe you guy's can let us know where your doing your last flight too and we may be able to try and meet up with you both:big_grin:

Not sure you'd get a Herc into The Oaks...probably get a Caribou in there though :)

Sorry about you missing out on a flight Emma, the speed of the sale was a bit unexpected. We will be back to The Oaks though, just in something a little heavier...maybe Kaz and I can be the "2 Amigos" and fly a Warrior up from Canberra 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

You have to admit the old girl will be much happier in Port Macquarie as she will be no longer subjected to those bumpy flights caused by all that hot air that is blown off by the pollies.

Hey Darren didn't we have a discussion on this issue a little while ago in one of the posts? That is using the methane produced in parliament house to power up rural Australia.

I know how hard it is to part with an aircraft as it took me 2yrs with the Supa Pup to let it go and now my old Skyfox for the time being is a roost for the Willy Wag Tails until I can mentaly gear myself up to part with it.

My condolences to you Matt.

Regards,

Rick

Guest Fred Bear
Hey Darren didn't we have a discussion on this issue a little while ago in one of the posts? That is using the methane produced in parliament house to power up rural Australia

We did mate, we did. You need not worry though Rick about the past as you have Miss Lambada now :big_grin: Gregg, you are one lucky man.A great machine.Congrats!:)