Distance Calculator - added

Admin

Hi All

Just thought I would let you know that I have just added the first of what will be many different and great Widgets that you can select from to have on your very own Personalised Aircraft Pilots Home Page...The Distance Calculator.

The Distance Calculator allows you to enter the identifier of a starting airport and the identifier of the destination airport, click submit, and a popup window appears showing you the distance in a straight line between the two airports...a great tool for those that may need to at any time know the straight line distance between two airports on a trip they may be going to make.

This is an extra to the Aircraft Pilots Flight Planner that even shows a side elevation view for your minimum heights at various points along your trip...available to logged in registered users in the "Resources" section of the site.

When you add the Distance calculator Widget to your Personalised Aircraft Pilots Home Page this is what you will see:

img1.jpg.14bc12027dc4ba03ad86802629fea9a8.jpg

Enter the departing airport identifier and the destination airport identifier:

img2.jpg.caec880c0e736253cf6a2898a85b57c5.jpg

and then simply click "Submit" and a popup window will display the information for you:

img3.jpg.ed3d8c68a3a13bba6a4f95bdfce198e2.jpg

Hope you enjoy this new widget, the first of many more to come throughout the year at Aircraft Pilots (.com)

Hi AllJust thought I would let you know that I have just added the first of what will be many different and great Widgets that you can select from to have on your very own Personalised Aircraft Pilots Home Page...The Distance Calculator.

The Distance Calculator allows you to enter the identifier of a starting airport and the identifier of the destination airport, click submit, and a popup window appears showing you the distance in a straight line between the two airports...a great tool for those that may need to at any time know the straight line distance between two airports on a trip they may be going to make.

This is an extra to the Aircraft Flight Planner that even shows a side elevation view for your minimum heights at various points along your trip...available to logged in registered users in the "Resources" section of the site.

When you add the Distance calculator Widget to your Personalised Aircraft Pilots Home Page this is what you will see:

[ATTACH=full]16652[/ATTACH]

Enter the departing airport identifier and the destination airport identifier:

[ATTACH=full]16653[/ATTACH]

and then simply click "Submit" and a popup window will display the information for you:

[ATTACH=full]16654[/ATTACH]

Hope you enjoy this new widget, the first of many more to come throughout the year at Aircraft Pilots (.com)

This looks like a great "unofficial" tool, Ian. Will this include New Zealand airfields as well?

It is World Wide Airfields...you just need to put their unique identifiers in...you could put YSHT (Shepparton) to KLAX (Los Angeles) and you get:

img1.jpg.b3f6ef7defe83f1932d9d2bd2e3b223f.jpg

Should be 1 or 2 fuel tanks in that but at least I know the heading 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Pity you have to enter airport designators Ian, not actual place names. Don't suppose there is a chance of dual functions. Would eliminate the need to dig out the ERSA and access airport designator, whilst flying. Place names are right there on the map in front of you......................................Thanks ...Maj...

No, unfortunately the database is based on Airport Designators...an update I might do later could be along those lines but I would have to find a different database that has every single place name in the world in it...at least there are fewer airports then place names in the world...perhaps Google Maps might have some functionality that I can tap into to do this...hmmm, when I have a spare moment

Guest Maj Millard

Thanks Ian, I don't mess with airport designators anymore, in line with my 'keep it light and simple' policy....which is why I enjoy flying rec instead of GA anymore. As we all know CASA does not believe in 'keeping it simple' for the aviator..............................................Cheers Ian, I know you tried...................................................Maj...

sadly i don't have permission to customise my homepage.

Sorry, my mistake...it all worked for Registered Users in my development environment but when I transferred it to the live environment (the site) I forgot to turn the permissions on for Registered Users...all fixed now

Maj, I may have just found a Google map app that will allow the pinpointing of 2 locations on a Google Map (and thus Google Satellite and Google Earth views) that I might have a play around with and check out its suitability for what you need. If I can add it I might add it to the Distance Calculator Widget so you have 2 choices...Airport to Airport (text popup) and Location to Location (Google Map etc view)...crikey, is there no pleasing some people 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

Guest Maj Millard

No hurry Ian...on a more positive note I've got a list of WAC charts that I would like to order through clear prop for the trip to Temora and back. When you get time could you please let me know if they are all available, and if any are being renewed shortly.

Rochampton 3235

Brisbane 3340

Charleville 3341

Bourke 3356

Armadale 3357

Canberra 3457...........................................................Thanks Ian...........................Maj... 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif