Need a hand with a passenger flight please

Hi All,

A friend of mines grandfather is turning 70 and has always wanted to go up in a light aircraft. My mate wants to get him a ride in an aircraft. I haven't flown for over a year so wouldn't feel comfortable taking anyone up just yet (even after my passenger currency of 3 landings) so was wondering if anyone else would be willing to do this.

My mate is more than happy to cover any costs etc. Says his grandfather would weigh about 80ish kg (so not overwweight or anything) and is fit (so shouldn't have a heartattack midflight). He is just looking for a 1hr flight in the brisbane region (YCAB to Jacobs well I guess).

Cheers in advance,

Shags

Shags, I`d do for sure if I could!....I`ve done quite a few of those over the years and it was as much my pleasure as it was theirs.

I took one 80 year old gentelman up in the Drifter and we went up over the highest peak of the Graham range, that overlooks Russell heads and Bramston beach ( We locals call it Mount Misery because when the rain comes over that peak we cop it ) and just as we were going over the top, he said, " I`ve wanted to climb this mountain all my life but never got around to it ". He was happy, which made me happy.

There is no flight so enjoyable as taking up someone who has always wanted to do it but has never had the oprtunity!...Truely rewarding!

Frank.

• Like 2

G'day Shags, what date would you be thinking?

I could be over at YCAB this Saturday... might be able to talk someone into letting me take their aeroplane up. I'm only a 20yr old 200 odd hour pilot though...

• Like 1

I'm booked to fly next Saturday (17th) at 8am, so can come over from Redcliffe if you like. Or meet there. PM me if you want.

Also, why not consider, if he is willing to pay, an actual adventure flight from one of the companies that can take him over the Story Bridge etc?

Cheers

Ryan

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. I think his birthday is in a week or two but we could make it for later in the month. I will get some dates and let you know.

Thanks for the great response (that's why I love this site). I just wish I had been up recently enough to do it myself. Kind of disappointed.

Cheers,

Shags

Hi Guys,Thanks for the replies. I think his birthday is in a week or two but we could make it for later in the month. I will get some dates and let you know.

Thanks for the great response (that's why I love this site). I just wish I had been up recently enough to do it myself. Kind of disappointed.

Cheers,

Shags

A pat on the back for you Shags for realizing and accepting that you may not be up to the job and not putting anybodies life, or the reputation of recreational aviation at risk because of this.

Regards Bill

My first instructor was Zane Tully and he really instilled a sense of responsibility in us all. Was a fantastic instructor (went through 5 or 6 schools before I found prosky - now go fly).

Thanks Bill.