SOLO

Guest Sabre

Guest Sabre

Ladies and Gentlemen I would like to announce to the world that, yours truely, successfully completed his first solo in a Drifter (or in any plane for that matter)...Bloody fantastic

Thank you very much. Thank you;)

Guest pelorus32

Well done Sabre and though you won't believe this it just keeps getting better!!

Congratulations

Mike

Guest Sabre

Ahhh welcome newbie...lol...Ooops I better check to see if Jan has paid out on you in this forum..lol I'm sure he was kind to you

Guest sypkens
If he wants a BFR he'd better be and by the way Jan Drifter Drivers don't get lost we are only uncertain of our position.

011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif I am sure breakback one will agree with you after the turbulance last week.;)

Guest Juliette Lima

Hi Drifterdriver,

New Drifter??? I knew you were looking.

Is it new NEW or new refurbished ?

PS. Congrats Sabre and enjoy this delightful aircraft.

JL

Just a refurb. 2000 hrs and looks like only 20. Absolutely immaculate and the best certified one I've seen in years, although I am looking for another SB if anyone has seen one.

But the way thanks Sabre, I'll have to put you on commission. Grandpa also wants to come to Kooringal so the group is growing.

Guest pvdboor

congrats sabre, Nick gets another one solo well done we'll be having another wings presentation in no time. Any room for a modified Jab to head to Kooringal?

Guest Juliette Lima

Thanks Drifterdriver,

Just out of interest, who did the refurbishment?

Thanks in anticipation

JL

A bloke who until very recently worked for the Drifter Factory at Dalby had it as his own bird and absolutely mothered it (even the aileron push rods are polished).

You're more than welcome to join us Paul, although you may have to park at the other end of the strip as Jan might make a mess drooling on your plane.

Sabre is definately on the way (and I do need another bottle of scotch).

Guest pvdboor

Will you be flying the new plane this weekend. I would like to have a look at it.

I'm looking forward to Kooringal.

It was a bit late last night when I started looking at the forum and I was playing with one of the flight plan software demos at the same time. I typed in Kooringal and it gave me Kootingal I wasn't wearing my glasses so I didn't pick up the spelling mistake and thought you guys were going to embark on an 230nm trip without me.

Hi Paul,

Probably be bringing it back to Jacob's but not quite sure. We managed to fit 4 Drifters and the Zephyr in the hangar so there is room, surprisingly. We certainly wouldn't go 230 nm without you, someone has to bring the fuel to get us all home if we went that far. Going on a navex to Inglewood this Sunday for a fly-in in a Gazelle call me if you're interested in tagging along otherwise I'll see you at Paul's 40th.

Hi George,

If you're reading this tonight you should already be in bed asleep resting for solo#2 tomorrow.

Guest Sabre

Nice one Nick, I was having a few quiet ones in the city last night......lol...Red Garter, Catwalk Club Dodds House...nice quiet places..lol....

After today I'm definitely booking in for formation endorsment..lol

P.S I know one from Nicks Flock will read this tonight cause you all are having a good drink at Pauls..boo hoo

Well done sabre. I will have to try it one day, I've never flown a drifter but hopefully it would be similar to a thruster which I have flown.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ian have you ever noticed that the number of your posts has been stuck on 329 for some time now?

Am I correct in my observation or are these forums just pushing me over the edge?

Regards,

Rick P

I sent Pat's son Tommy loose for the first time today out of Dunwich. Pat was pacing back and forth like a cat on a hot tin roof shouting out instructions as Tommy was on finals (as if he could hear over the sound of a 582), it was really interesting to watch. In future I reckon I'll think twice before sending a fellow instructor's offspring solo with them present. I did manage to see the landing even with the added entertainment and it quite nice. Pat was so keyed up he made Tommy sit in the back on the was home. All I can say is you should have been there. Here's hoping I can act a bit cooler in a few years time.